We have just returned from our 6th visit to Reids Palace over the last 12 years. We find it excellent in every repect. Although we booked late we got the room of our choice and were welcomed as friends. The location is stunning and the gardens exquisite. The service is impeccable and both public rooms and bedrooms are elegant. Food quality and choice is good, although we would like to see Les Faunes aspire to a Michelin star. Breakfasts offer the complete range of options and Villa Cipriani is a great restaurant for italian food.
Can't wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orient Express, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal