Reception staff were very pleasant, we had a walk round the hotels public rooms before tea, which was interesting. Try and sit on the veranda overlooking the sea as the views are stunning. The tea menu was impressive and the sandwiches and cakes lovely. The whole experience is one that makes you feel very special. The maitre d' was wonderful when we accidentally tried to leave without paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orient Express, Splendia, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal