We went to Reid's Palace for a long weekend in August. The hotel is beautiful & the rooms well appointed. The staff were fabulous - from the pool boys who would put your longer just where you wanted it and bring fresh towels after a swim, to the cleaning lady with her lovely smile - nothing was too much trouble. We ate in two of the restaurants and the food was exceptional, including at breakfast where the daily special was freshly cooked and the juices freshly squeezed. The cocktail bar had a pianist and singer into the early hours, and a balcony with fabulous views out to sea.The best part for me was the bracing morning swim in the sea - a lift (or staircase) takes you down to the waters edge where there is a seawater pool, diving boards into the sea and a platform to swim out to. I would recommend this hotel to adults and couples - whilst there were a few families at the hotel when we were there and they were made to feel very welcome it's really more suitable for adults. Worth noting that this is not a budget option, but it does deliver excelent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal