We did book a week at the Reid's Palace .in Funchal last week of April.
The hotel is nicely situated on a cliff at a 10 minutes walk from Funchal city center, in a spectacular garden due to the special climate of Madeira .
The hotel itself is of the old palace style , a bit old-fashioned with antique furniture , pictures of all the famous guests who stayed there: service is perfect; the champagne breakfest rooom has a spectacular view towards the sea ; there is also a Cipriani restaurant in the grounds of the hotel where we had very tasty diner and the buffet for lunch at the swimming pool isperfect .
After 5 days of clouds and rain we left 3 days ahead of our stay because of the weather after seeing all the gardens , museums and churches of Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal