We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment at Palheiro with our two children over New Year. The apartment was very spacious, clean and well equipped with great views over Funchal - which came into their own on New Year's Eve when we simply had to move out to our balcony to watch the fireworks!
The location is excellent, assuming you have a car - the drive down to the centre of Funchal is quick and we also found it a good base for travelling elsewhere on the island, as we tried out a few levada walks.
The service aspect of Palheiro deserves a special mention. Vera, who manages the accommodation is incredibly helpful, from the moment you first make contact to book, and throughout the entire stay. If all holidays involved an equivalent of Vera, life would be so much easier! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palheiro Village is situated within the 120 hectare former hunting estate "The Palheiro Estate". The Palheiro Village offers 49 exclusively built and furnished apartments and villas. The superb sea views and panoramic views over Funchal make this the ideal holiday destination for the single traveller or families and friends. On the Estate you will find two restaurants, a tea house and an 18 hole golf course,a tennis court, a newly built spa and a sub-tropical garden. A hire car is advisable for the property. Public transport into Funchal is just outside the front door. Welcome to the Palheiro Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, AvailPro, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Palheiro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palheiro Village Hotel Funchal
- Palheiro Village Madeira/Funchal