We spent a week here last July for the first time. Nice studio room with smallish,but adequate,sea facing balcony. Hotel is quite new and in good order. We didn't eat in the restaurant at all,as the room had full self catering facilities which we used for breakfast and lunch. There are lots of restaurants nearby and we ate out each evening. It's a bit far to walk into Funchal but there are frequent buses from immediately outside.
Our only gripe was the pool area. Pool itself is fine and beautifully warm but we found the sun beds extremely uncomfortable. Also,the parasols have no wheels on their bases,making them very difficult to move,especially as many are on grassy areas.
Location overall is good,with seafront walks on one side and plenty of restaurants nearby.
We are returning this July but won't be using the sun beds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal