Stayed at the hotel from 11th Aug 2014 to 25th Aug. Staff very helpful and polite. Excellent hotel, infinity pool very good, especially now they've fixed the edging. Rooms are well equipped, clean and modern. Free air con and safety deposit box. Free wifi in communal areas. Hair dryer in bathroom. Beach towels free of charge. Breakfast was good but other food and drink quite expensive considering there are some excellent restaurants nearby, ( you should try the Goya which is first class ). Be wary of the note through the door inviting you down to the bar for a free drink. I wasn't sure, but took up the offer to find that a man was waiting in the wings to persuade us to attend a one and a half hour meeting where they would try to sell us some way of booking places at the hotel online at a discount. We were told that if we attended we'd get a 40 euro gift or other similar incentives which gave the impression they would try to persuade us to buy into some sort of deal which had the feel of a timeshare, although he assured us it was not. I wasn't happy about the way they went about it so I didn't attend. Why would they need to employ these sales tactics if it was a good offer in any case. No real beach nearby but a pebble beach not far from the hotel means you can snorkel. Boat are a must. We went on the Sea Born catamaran and saw a whale and about 100 dolphins up close. We had Afternoon tea in Reids which was quite expensive but the staff were excellent and kept bringing extra food so you get more than enough to eat, and all food was great. Thought we'd go to the Ritz for cocktails afterwards but found that disappointing. On the whole, Madeira was excellent and we couldn't have been happier with the hotel we chose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal