We have just returned from a week at this hotel, overall impression of the hotel is very good. Our twin bed studio room was very comfortable with an excellent large balcony area. we had a small kitchen with a 2 ring hob, toaster, coffee maker, microwave and a full size fridge. on a previous visit to Funchal we signed up for Pestana Options, and this was our first visit. We were made to feel very welcome with a good welcome morning with coffee and cake, and a cocktail evening with free drinks and nibbles.
We did have a few issues with some of the fitments in our room, but 2 of the items we reported to reception were dealt with the same day, we didn't feel like reporting the other issues in case they thought we were nitpicking, but the items should have been seen during the daily housekeeping visit.
Our main gripe was the pool area sunbed situation, we do not laze around the pool every day, but after a dip in the indoor pool one afternoon we thought it would be good to sit in the sun for a while, over 50% of the sunbeds were covered with a towel so were 'booked'. More sunbeds were 'booked' than people in the outdoor pool, so people were keeping one in case they might want to sit there at some time during the day. The morning procession starting from first light of people claiming their sunbed for the day was quite amusing, people placing towels and paperbacks on their favourite sunbed then scuttling back in for breakfast. This situation could be controlled by the pool staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal