Having read the excellent reviews and booked we were pleased that the hotel did not let us down. We were allocated a room on the top floor which had a fantastic sea view and over the gardens and pool. The room was very spacious with a great sized bathroom. We stayed on a half board basis. The breakfasts were of extremely good quality with everything you would expect and want. The evening meals were buffet style and varied with there being some themed nights that are well worth going to. We did go out a couple of nights to sample some local restaurants on the Promenade, the Brasserie and La Basilico which were fantastic and great value.
The hotel was always clean and the staff really pleasant and helpful. The pools were clean and very warm! The infinity pool was a great place to watch the passing boats. The gardens made it a great place to sunbathe and relax.
The walk into Funchal is a good 35 mins but 45 mins to the far end, the old town and cable car. Funchal is having a lot of work to divert the water channels and can get very busy but it has some lovely areas to explore.
We did the tour of the west side of the island in an 8 seater mini bus which was a full day but well worth it. There were plenty of stops and chances to stretch your legs. It was great value at €40 each including a 4 course lunch. We booked the tour through the hotel but there may be slightly cheaper deals elsewhere but make sure you go in a minibus and not a coach as you will go to more places.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa, the resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, cable or wireless Internet access (at charge), mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.