Super holiday all round! Few niggles but hardly worth considering in light of all the good points :
Location is great only 30 minutes from the airport and in close proximity to bars, restaurants, The Forum shopping centre and Funchal centre itself (30 minutes walk)
The hotel is contemporary and welcoming with good size rooms and comfy beds. Ours had a sea view which was superb. They have 3 outdoor swimming pools, one really warm, one slightly less warmer and a paddling pool. They are all lovely to swim in and one is an infinity pool with sea views that then drops down to an outdoor jacuzzi. The indoor pool is again amazing and would be ideal in winter months. There is also and indoor jacuzzi and sauna etc..
The main restaurant is buffet style and although our first impression was that there wasn't a huge selection what they did provide was superb . Both breakfast and evening meal we thoroughly enjoyed and at lunchtime there was the deck poolside bar or local bars only a few minutes walk away. You can also swop evening meals for lunchtime which we did on a couple of occasions. There is gate access out from the pool on to the promenade which is lovely. Left takes you towards Funchal centre. Good supermarkets can be found left out of the gates about a ten minute stroll. Also out of reception turn left up the steps on the right hand side of the opposite of the road and walk along the road which then looks down towards the entrance to the hotel.
Pool towels are provided by the hotel and there are plenty of sunbeds even in August !
Now to the best part - the staff!!! Lovely lovely staff in particular carol in the restaurant and a gentleman who I never caught his name but i think he was the restaurant manager. What lovely people. They helped to make a good holiday really great for us.
To sum it up - great hotel with good food in a great location with wonderful staff in a lovely setting . Can't wait to return
Top tip- happy hour between 5 and 7 pm all drinks half price !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal