We chose this hotel 10 months ago for a mini get-away break and we really couldn't have chosen a better hotel or location. The hotel itself is surrounded by bars, restaurants, cafes all within walking distance. It is overlooking a promenade going towards the Lido and to other sea access areas. There is a bus stop outside the front door for local buses, or the yellow or red open top tour buses. Taxis are on hand, a Spar supermarket is across the road. Souvenier shops are all nearby.
We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with Five Star Customer service. A glass of peach coctail was served as we checked in. We were told all about the area, trips and if there was anything at all we needed, they could sort it out for us. The room was big, and all rooms overlook the pool and the ocean, and what a view! We were on the 3rd floor with a large balcony. The rooms are big and clean. Big wardrobes, sofa, table, kitchen area that was fully stocked and a big bathroom with separate toilet inside the bathroom area. The bathroom is visiable through an internal window, but this does have a blind for privacy. Towels are provided for the pool area separate from your bath towels.
The pool is big and heated. It's split into 3 different areas with a children's play pool. There is also an indoor pool within a glass building. The largest part of the pool is an infinity pool overlooking the ocean, and down onto a jacuzzi pool. The whole pool area is a raised terrace over a promenade below, there are steps and a locked door (room key operated) onto the promenade from the pool area. The pool area has toilets (very clean), and a bar and eating area. There are pool attendants and bar staff all over the place, and again the service is outstanding. It almost seems like anything you want, someone arrives and sorts it out for you. If we wanted an umbrella up and some shade, one of the attendants was there and sorting it out for us almost immediately. There are plenty of sunloungers all around the pool area. We were there during school holidays at the end of July, and no problems at all with finding a free sun lounger.
Breakfast in the hotel is your standard European choices, breads, ham, cheese, yoghurt, bacon, eggs. Something for everyone. We didn't have any evening meals in the hotel as the hotel was surrounded by so many restaurants. There is a bar and it was half price cocktails every night between 5-7pm. Again, always great service.
I just cannot fault any member of staff for the whole trip. Everyone is there to help you and to make sure you have a great holiday. I loved this hotel. The location, the feel, the set out, the staff, everything about this place is perfect for just switching off the second you walk through those doors. The hotel is one of those places that is perfect for everyone, couples, families, groups of friends.
I loved Madeira, and I loved this hotel. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal