The hotel was very clean and well maintained and in our opinion an excellent choice. Situated in the hotel area on the edge of Funchal, it is a 20 minute walk into town. Alternatively frequent buses run from opposite the hotel- numbers 1 or 2, which cost less than 2 Euros. There are also plenty of taxis.
The rooms were spotless and well equipped. Linen was changed daily. Public areas were similarly well maintained. The style is quite modern, very much to our taste.
The pool area was beautifully landscaped with plenty of sun loungers and an attendant. Spa facilities were also available in a building next to the pool.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. Breakfast is buffet style, with reasonable quality food and plenty of choice. The fresh fruit, in particular, was delicious. The hotel restaurant was open every evening but we didn't eat here as there were plenty of other restaurants of good quality nearby.
The wider surroundings are also clean and stylish, with easy walking to bars and restaurants, as well as 2 good supermarkets.
Our only complaint was that upon arrival we were told that due to a 'technical hitch' there were no rooms available and we were to move to a sister hotel. I explained that we had booked that hotel specifically in November because of its style and location and didn't want to stay at a hotel which had a much lower rating on Trip Adviser. Initially we had been told there were no rooms available but eventually we we offered a suite for 2 days then were moved to a studio for the rest of our stay. It was flower festival week so we thought the hotel had 'edged its bets' by over-booking rooms. This is very unfair and is something the management need to think about. A move to a old fashioned hotel(out of interest, we did go to look at the other hotel we were offered later in the week ) would have taken the edge off a holiday which otherwise was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal