Just returned from 7 nights stay at the Promenade and was impressed by the overall quality and standard. We had booked for bed and breakfast and have no problems with the variety and quality of the food available. Only slight problems are that a) there is only one inefficient toaster and the food area is small. Thankfully it wasn't too busy during our stay but I can forsee problems if a lot of guests arrive at the one time.
We had one evening buffet and I was a bit disappointed with it. The meat, which was being freshly cooked and carved was a bit tough and the selection of vegetables and salad, while OK was nothing startling. Considering the food we experienced at nearby restaurants, this was secondrate and overpriced.
Facilities were excellent and the grounds were very neat and well maintained.
One sad point is that entertainment was provided every night, yet hardly any guests attended. It must have been soul destroying for the artists. It was on rather early so perhaps this is the reason.
Only other gripe: apparently we were "upgraded" to a seaview room. However our room was on the ground level and our only view was of a large bush and the indoor swimming area. If the windows of the pool were not steamed up, which sometimes they were, you could just make out the Atlantic and no more! We pointed this out and were offered a move. However as we liked the rooms location and being able to step out into the gardens we opted to stay. I do believe that they are using the wrong terminology for this particular room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal