We have visited Madeira before and find it to be one of the most peaceful and orderly places on the planet. It is certainly the tidiest country we have ever visited and the pride the population takes in their land and their own homes is truely admirable. We were there for the second week in January 2013 and were very fortunate with the weather - warm and sunny virtually every day, we came home relaxed and sun tanned! How cool is that when we returned to a snow covered West Sussex!
After much research and reading other Trip Advisor reviews, we chose the Pestana Promenade for our January winter sun holiday this year. We don't usually stay in these large characterless monster hotels but in the light of the reviews, we took the risk and were not disappointed.
It wins on customer service and the very caring but unobtrusive attitude of ALL the staff. Probably the best we have encountered in a large establishment. Everyone we spoke to was happy, with a ready smile, proud of their hotel and eager to help and answer any of our questions or problems. We were very impressed and congratulate the hotel manangement and its staff.
The hotel situation is delightful and we stayed on 7th Floor, with a perfect sea view. It is worth paying the extra for this, as the views are stunning.
1. Despite the very modern buiding and excellent design, the sound proofing between rooms is appalling; we could hear everything the couples were doing next door - and I mean everything....... Not good
2. The food was very bland; a critism that applies to just about the whole island. Breakfast was generous but the standard hotel buffet and just bland - everything was bland! You need to do lots of research to find good restaurants - which do exist but dont expect your taste buds to be tickled. In essence, you go to Madeira for the weather, the beauty and the walking, not the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the spectacular promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa Beach,this modern and quiet resort offers spectacular views to the ocean. 92% Of the rooms are sea views and offer the commodity you would expect from a luxury hotel in a relaxed manner.112 Family Friendly Rooms and Suites, all equipped with bathtub with shower, and some with separate bathtub and shower, washbasin, WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, telephone, Cable TV, Pay TV, LCD monitor, digital safety box, Business Services is available, cable or wireless Internet access, mini-refrigerator and balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Promenade Ocean Resort Hotel Madeira/Funchal