We are frequent travelleres staying at mostly 5 star hotels. Visiting Funchal, we were looking for something different than the standard sunny holiday resort and found our perfect match in The Vine. Service was impeccable from beginning to end, and the house-cleaning was the best we have experienced.
The room was fascinating and cool, with again, the best blinding which kept the room totally blacked out until we decided to wake up ourselves. The toilet has however little privacy. We loved the technical controls for lighting, blinds and air-condition. Each evening a little treat was placed in our room. A wonderful bathtub was placed in the middle of the room and could easily fit two people. A nice romantic feature we thought.
Breakfast could be spent either out (smoking is unfortunately allowed at the tables) or inside, and was a mixture of typical egg and bacon and continental. We especially appreciated the freshly squezzed orange juice and fresh, quality bakery goods. We had breakfast rather late a couple of times, but the food was frequently refilled so we lacked nothing. Service yet again, impeccable.
The spa treatments were wonderful; using quality products. The spa employees seemed knowledgeable and experienced.
The rooftop pool and outdoor jacuzzi were amazing and we always managed to find sunbeds next to each other. The view was spectacular! Magazines, books and towels were always available. The feeling of being literally on top of the world you would not wanto miss! Serene and uber-cool area.
During our week's stay we only had one negative issue: Noise. It seems the hotel is very poorly soundproofed. From our room we could hear the hallwaymusic, the general hotel noises and especially the noise from the outside. Our room faced the shopping center and directly into other buildings which looked like mostly empty, new apartments. One apartment was however occupied and the ordinary chatter from its residents could be heard very well. I believe if more people move into this building, the hotel will have a serious noise problem that will have to be adressed. I ended up using earplugs so I could sleep. During daytime it was disturbing when all you wish for is some peace and quiet on holiday.
Having said that, we would love to come back again as there is so much positive about this hotel. We especially appreciated the professial yet down to earth staff, trendy design and facilities (check out the fitness center!) and its location.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HostelWorld, Escapio, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal