The Vine is an interesting hotel! We chose it precisely for its designer description, but, like many other reviewers, we found some of its features a little too challenging (eg light switches). The colour scheme in the room was somewhat dark and threatening (apparently each floor depicts a season of the year - ours was supposedly summer but it felt like the depths of a British winter!) - even the corridor was gloomy. The shower was lovely and spacious - to some the separate toilet cubicle would be appealing but for us it felt cold and clinical - also the door would not shut properly, so there was a lack of privacy as you could see directly into the main part of the room! I can't believe this was intentional, yet I can't believe it hadn't been adjusted. The room itself didn't have any balcony and looked into the interior of the building, so not an attractive aspect.On the positive side very good breakfasts, a great rooftop pool (amazing at night), lovely bed and plenty of underground parking. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and obliging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Escapio, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal