This hotel is very convenient for the centre and old part of Funchal. Ideal for us as it is away from the main hotel area.
Very modern design. Room large with bed in centre, bath was also in the room. Walk in shower, 'waterfall' design; unlike other reviewers ours did work and there were no draining away problems.
We were lucky that our room was at the back of the hotel and we had a good view up to Monte.
There was an even better panoramic view from the roof top bar.
The room was very clean and well maintained by the maids.
Breakfast buffet had very wide choice of conitnental or English, hot and cold.
We generally eat out but the meal we had in the roof top restaurant, UVA was excellent.
All staff were friendly and extremely helpful and efficient.
We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Escapio, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal