This is a hotel that tries very hard to be different and succeeds in some areas but is style over substance in others. We stayed for 10 days for a holiday along with my son and his partner - I think the hotel falls short of a 5 star but here are our plus points and minus points
- Great location in the centre of Funchal and walkable to most of the other attractions.
- Good size rooms and great size (and comfortable) beds
- Friendly staff - as others have mentioned the reception staff are very good
- Really liked the showers/wet room in our rooms with the waterfall shower
- Steam room and Spa well run
- the lighting system is bizarre and takes some getting use too and even with all the lights on in your room it is still not very well lit
-the public hallways and lifts are very dark with the subdued lighting - like walking around in a cave!
- We tried the much promoted and at 40 euros a head evening dinning experience, pretentious food taken to a nonsense level and would not recommend. One example is my own starter of melon and ham - all jellified (yes including the ham!!) - was like eating from a selection of jars of heinz baby foods.
- The room toilet has no toilet holder with the paper stacked on the floor
- the shower room has no indoor handle so you have to try and judge how hard to pull the door when open so it stays fairy closed when you are in it or face the consequence of having a wet floor outside in the bathroom area.
All in all the hotel is an experience but not one I would repeat
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Escapio, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.