My Mum and I went to Madeira for a few days and stayed at The Vine in Funchal. It was a fabulous hotel, very modern and contemporary in the centre of Funchal. The location was great, the staff couldn't do enough for you and the food was brilliant.
We were on B & B but having arrived late we decided to eat in the restaurant on the roof on the first night. Lovely food, service and choice, although quite expensive.
The breakfasts were very good and offered a cooked option every morning. I wondered how the hotel would be with an older person as my Mum is nearly 80 but they were very accommodating and helpful. The only negative for her was the cobbled shower room and bathroom, which she found uncomfortable on her feet (although they do supply slippers)
We didn't use the spa but had a look around and it looked lovely. There is a Holmes Place Gym underneath which I used as guest and was great
We got a very good deal on a fairly late booking which made it fabulous value for money.
We will both be going back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, Agoda, HostelWorld, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal