We were upgraded to a superior deluxe room without having to ask, and all the gadgets were fully explained to us- where the touch buttons were for the lights, curtains etc. The room was beautiful, but the one downside was it was so dark- us ladies like to be able to see our faces when putting on makeup and doing our hair, please note! The corner where the safe and mini bar was located was in darkness day and night, and several times I nearly tripped over the step up into the bath ( which, incidentally, is behind the bed!). Other niggles, included no toilet roll holder in the loo, the wash basin was highly decorative black marble with a waterfall tap, but you couldn't get more than 2 inches of water in it before it overflowed! Breakfast was very good, and we ate twice at the UMA restaurant on the top floor, which was fantastic. The staff are amazing, so polite and helpful, you couldn't better them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal