We stayed at The Vine Hotel at the beginning of December. The weather was fine, no rain, sometimes cloudy but constant 20 C plus and we were never cold, even in the evenings.
The hotel is superb and one of the best we have stayed in. We had a grand deluxe room with double aspect and a view of the harbour (room 503 I think). It is definately worth asking for a room higher up as the views are incredible.
The hotel is above a shopping centre which sounds odd, but is not a problem as there is never any noise. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is one of the best we have had in a continental hotel.The roof top pool and sun terrace was spectacular, we seemed to have it to ourselves most days!
The little touches such as sweets, fruit and chocolates left in our room randomly made us feel special. The complimentary minibar was also a nice touch. All the staff were friendly and seemed to speak most languages.
I would recomend this hotel and we will be returning next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal