We spent a week at this hotel which we booked online without fuss, the confirmation came almost immediately and email communication with the hotel was unproblematic. I must say we really liked our room which offered a superb sea view and from our balcony we enjoyed watching the sun rise and set. We decided to go for the superdeluxe room with sea view and found its price reasonable at just under 700 pounds for the week. The room itself was spacious and the shower extremely powerful. The facilities were also very good and we took advantage of the gym as well as the indoor pool, although I have to say that one side of the pool was far too shallow to enable one to swim proper lengths (understandably I did not feel like swimming in the outdoor pool). As January is the low season for Madeira the hotel’s restaurant offered a fixed (and limited) menu rather than its usual a la carte menu, so we did not try it, but the breakfast buffet catered for all tastes ranging from muesli to fruit to a fully cooked breakfast. The only inconvenience was the lack of wifi in the room. This meant that every time we wanted to go online to check a restaurant or find out about the weather forecast we had to go out of the room to do it (the closest wifi spot was near the lifts). I suspect that the problem could be solved by boosting the signal so that it reaches the rooms like our located at the end of the corridor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Melia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal