We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on one of the higher floors overlooking the water for a week during Christmas and New Year.The apartment was lovely, very clean, well-furnished, very comfortable beds with high-quality bedding, and a beautiful view from the large balcony. The service was impeccable--the staff were professional, extremely helpful, and went out of their way to accommodate requests. Martim, in particular, was wonderful.
The resort is very well-located, in close walking distance to the town center, and there is a lovely promenade where one can walk for miles along the sea.
The only area of improvement (and the reason I did not give 5 stars) was the breakfast. We only ate breakfast there on New year's day, but it was disappointing if you are looking for healthy selections. With all the exceptional fresh fruits in Madeirta, it was odd that most of the fruit selection consisted of several canned options, the orange and grapefruit pieces did not taste fresh and there was only one selection of muesli. There were no plain non-fat yoghurts
and my husband found the scrambled eggs rather unappetizing.
Apart from that, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal