“Worth the short walk from Sintra” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kent
“Worth the short walk from Sintra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Five star service from knowledgeable and friendly staff. They really made us feel valued customers despite our casual attire! Food was great quality and when we asked about wines we were recommended an excellent red that didn't break the bank. Their chocolate cake pudding is the best I've had.

Visited April 2013

“A special evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We dined here with two other couples all of us celebrating our 35 anniversaries. The food was good to excellent and the waiters made a real show of removing the cloches from the plates. Only seen this done before in Prague.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Old world quality food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Even if you're not staying at Lawrence's Hotel the restaurant is a must. Not cheap but worth it as the quality of the food, ambience, service is all excellent. A real treat. No gimmicks - just oozes class. We enjoyed a three course meal and just didn't want it to end - which is great as you are very welcome to linger for as long as you wish.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“another excellent choice in Sintra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Lawrence Restaurant, Dom Lopo and Tacho Real were the best places that we ate in Sintra. Lawrence restaurant had lovely service, and the food was delicious. I had a very good chocolate cake and a goat cheese crepe. I foolishly ordered tortellini as an entree, and it wasn't the special, but I think tha't my mistake for ordering Italian food while in portugal! The service was impeccable; our wine and water glass was always full and the food presentation was beautiful.

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“How could you not love this place?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Especially after dining at one of the tourist traps in the main square and paying dearly for mediocre food, this place is worth sharing. I am a (wanna-be) food snob and even after all my years of paying through the nose, I have never had two fully-suited waiters place covered dishes in front of a dining companion and myself and unveil them simultaneously. When we shared a half bottle of decent wine and the bill came to 40 euros I knew I had to let you all know. I wouldn't hesitate....

Visited October 2012