“Exploring Sintra - E-Bikes are the way to go!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 21 Activities in Sintra
Type: Tours, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a guided or self guided day trip through beautiful Sintra or try our Hassle Free Bike Hire and equipment rental service anywhere in Spain or Portugal. We also offer bespoke self guided Cycling holidays and we are Camino Cycling Specialists offering a range of Camino tour packs and services to take you on your journey to Santiago.
Toronto, Canada
“Exploring Sintra - E-Bikes are the way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I hadn´t biked in 17 years but it was a beautiful day and I noticed the Cycling Rentals E-Bikes stand (Park E-Bike). I would absolutely recommend this way as one of the best ways to discover Sintra!!! We were able to see much more of the magical Sintra than we could have ever dremed of seeing any other way. We went to the National Palace, the Morrish Castle, Palacio da Pena and Capuchos Convent all in one day. At each place there was a bike stand where we could leave the bikes right at the door. We didn´t have to wait in any line ups to buy tickets as we bought them all in one place (where we rented the bikes in the center of town).

What most struck me were the wonderful aromas that came from the mountain and the hot and cool air pockets we felt while riding.

The team is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about local history / geography and has a great support system. The bikes are fantastic! I definitely recommend a day ride with Cycling Rentals to enhance any Sintra visit.

Visited November 2013
Cycling-Rentals, Manager at Cycling Rentals & Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hi Teresa,
Thank you for sharing your experience! We agree that Ebikes are definitely the best way to explore Sintra's magical hills. Come see us again!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Algarve Cycling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the 2nd time this year that I have had the pleasure of benefiting form the excellent service that Cycling Rentals give. In fact this time they absolutely went the extra mile by sourcing me a brand new bike because all the other road bikes were in Spain for a Triathlon........talk about service! I have already booked 6 bikes for next years "Ladies Cycling in the Algarve Tour" and I know I can relax because the bikes we will receive will be Top Notch and reliable and in superb condition. After some bad experiences in the past with ancient bikes that have cost more to hire per day than a small car! I am one happy lady. Thanks so much for making my holiday one to remember, I clocked up 330 miles in fabulous weather.....happy days!

Visited October 2013
Hi Vivienne,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and great pics! We look forward to hearing how next year's trip goes :-)
Avon, Colorado
“Great service in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our second experience with Cycling Rentals and Tours and once again they more than lived up to their great reputation. We rented the carbon/alu road bicycles and were very happy with the performance and the condition of the bicycles. We normally ride carbon fiber bicycles back in Colorado, and the weight and handling of the rentals was not equal but very good. The bicycles were delivered to LaGuardia in Rioja Spain and were waiting for us when we arrived. We had some really good rides in Rioja, Rebiera Del Dueoro and Cacabellos and then returned the bicycles in Santiago de Compostella. The bicycles were picked up at our hotel in Santiago. Cycling Rentals has the bicycle rental business down to a science and are very good at it. I did have one question about how to prepare the bicycles for pick up and e-mailed cycling Rentals. I received three e-mails answering my question within hours. Cycling Rentals based in Portugal also provided great service in Spain. I hope France will be added soon for my trip next trip.

Visited September 2013
Hi Jim,
Thank you for your very kind review. We're delighted you had a great trip and enjoyed the bikes a second time around. Soon as we add France we'll be sure to let you know ;-) Keep practicing on those Colorado mountains!
Didi
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
“Perfekt Service, bikes and Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Got the bike true the lokal Partner of inside Lisbon. Service was perfekt, prices reasonable and sugested tour amazing.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for your review! We're delighted you enjoyed the tour we suggested and hope to hear from you again next time you're in Iberia :)
4 attraction reviews
“Great way to experience Lisbon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were looking for a unique way to experience Lisbon in one day and the Lisbon Delish cycling tour could not have been better! We met our guide Goncalho at what seemed to be the highest point of the city. After an introduction to our state-of-the-art bikes, it was all downhill from there. We travelled mostly on sidewalks stopping often for an explanation of the area and photo opportunities. Goncalho was a wealth of knowledge, he knows the city's history and offered just the right amount. We stopped for a cherry liquor tasting then later for a snack of local cheeses, presunto, and some great wine! The tour concluded after a flat ride along the river and a stop for the area's famous pastries. This a safe, easy, fun way to experince Lisbon!

Visited August 2013
Hi Rick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other. We're delighted you enjoyed the sites and tastes of Lisbon - the pasteis de Belem are not to be missed and make for a great treat after a hard days pedaling :)