“THANK YOU for such a great day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 21 Activities in Sintra
Type: Tours, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a guided or self guided day trip through beautiful Sintra or try our Hassle Free Bike Hire and equipment rental service anywhere in Spain or Portugal. We also offer bespoke self guided Cycling holidays and we are Camino Cycling Specialists offering a range of Camino tour packs and services to take you on your journey to Santiago.
Stavanger, Norway
“THANK YOU for such a great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful day with Goncalo. We took the train into Sintra from Lisbon and were picked up and brought to the shop where we were able to leave our things for the day. We stopped to see and walk through the Capuchos Convent, Cape Roca and many others over about 5 hours plus. We had a great variety of biking types. We had to stay on the road for parts, but had great mountain bike adventures off-roading as well (lots of mud!). VERY hilly, so it is not for the weary. THANK YOU again for the great day and extra help in getting our rental and making our way to our place to stay for the night.

Visited March 2013
Cycling-Rentals, Manager at Cycling Rentals & Tours, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us up here. We are very happy you had a great day out, we will let Gonçalo know you got in touch. All the best,

Falun, Sweden
“Couldn't fault a thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was travelling to Coimbra for work and asked for advice on if I should rent a mountain or race bike. Given the time of year and the ease of finding routes, it was suggested that I rent a race bike. It was delivered to the hotel, no problems, great bike, all the accessories which made it much easier to travel. Had a great time exploring the hills and villages after work each evening. My first experience of renting a bike for doing some training, living in Scandanavia being able to escape for a week and get some training time in seems a hassle, but with these guys it was not a hassle at all!

Visited February 2013
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I arrived on a public holiday, and I was the only customer, but the manager showed up only for me, prepared my bike and gave me a very instructive map with sights to see, restaurants and everything. The round trip from Sintra through the nature reserve to Cabo da Roca was scenic. The only time I lost my way was when I became over-confident and did not consult the map ... When arriving back at dusk, the manager phoned me, worried that I was lost. He picked up the bike at the train station. Recommended to everyone! I only wished I had more days to bike and see Sintra, because I only skimmed the surface of what the town has to offer. Will be back!

Visited October 2012
San Francisco
“Self-Guided "Tour Do Porto"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I like to see countries by bicycle but aren't really the tour types. I get too much enjoyment out of planning the route and picking the lodgings. We are fairly avid cyclists and have competed in Ironman competitions so we often bite off more than we can chew, but we like the challenge. In any case, this type of travel is fraught with difficulties. First, it’s much easier and often cheaper to rent bicycles rather than bring your own. United airlines charges $150 each way per bike as an example, and then there is the mess of having a bike box with you and having to repackage to get them home, and the unpleasantness of travelling with a bicycle in a big city, which we inevitably fly into and want to see on foot or metro. Once you decide you are going to rent then there is the issue of having to do a loop so you can return the bicycle where you got it. CCTC did away with this restriction as they will deliver and pick up the bikes from any location in Portugal (and Spain). This was a dream come true. We arrived to our hotel in Evora where the bikes were waiting, in cardboard boxes, with minimal assembly required, a set of tools, panniers and our now beloved yellow water bottles. The bikes were the correct fit and would turn out to be exactly what we were looking for- a comfortable yet performance ride (we rented the road bikes). When we arrived at our destination 6 days later we simply bagged up the loose items and left the bikes to be picked up. All of the coordination was done by CCTC, no hassles on our end. A third dilemma of this type of travel is what to do with the extra “stuff” you don’t need on the bike journey, but want before and after to tour around the cities etc. CCTC also took care of this by picking up our backpacks from the hotel where we departed on Day One of our bike trip, and delivering them so that they were there waiting for us when we arrived on our final night. They even offer daily luggage transfer, although we opted not to do that this time as we only had 5 nights. Before the trip, Didi at CCTC answered my incessant questions about logistics and they even reviewed our itinerary for us and gave their opinion about the level of difficulty (although shamefully we didn’t take their advice J ) I can’t say enough about the quality of the bicycles and the services offered by CCTC, and will definitely be back for another adventure soon. This service is the independent cyclist’s dream come true!

Visited November 2012
Nijeveen, Drenthe, Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
“No sweat Sintra day tour by E-bike.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a beautiful day peddling along the small and quiet roads through the picturesque villages and lush woods around the great hill-station of Sintra! Although we normally like to use our own power during our cycle-holidays in France, we enjoyed being "pushed" up the hills by the motor. The E-bike convinced us! Owners are very nice people.

Visited December 2012