“Best experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 attractions in Obidos
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: supXscape is Portugal's leading Stand Up Paddleboarding company specialising in all aspects of the sport including lessons - tours - rentals and much more. Based on Portugal's amazing Silver Coast region we have access to all types of waterways including rivers, lakes, ocean and some of Europe's finest surf. Being situated only an hour from Portugal's beautiful capital Lisbon and it's international airport make this an amazing destination not only for Paddleboarder's but their family too.
“Best experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend organised for us to go paddle boarding and as someone who is a non swimmer I wasn't really looking forward to it. But everybody was very friendly and very encouraging and explained exactly what to do very clearly. Once out on the open water I was verging shaky and uncomfortable but encouraged to keep going... I did just that and thoroughly enjoyed it... I would highly recommend it to anyone and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Belgrade, Serbia
“Stand Up Paddleboarding- Obidos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

SUP tour- Obidos was even more fun than I’ve expected! Such an incredible way to explore the lagoon and I’m so happy that I’ve done it! Sally and Jason are doing incredible job here, introducing this sport in a right way, really professional. I’ll definitely return and do it again since it was really fun, I would recommend it to all! Can’t wait for new adventures!
Cheers,
Marija

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booking a lesson was easy by emailing Sally and we were picked up from Obidos bus station to go to the lagoon and dropped off again so we could catch buses back in good time.

The lesson itself was great fun with a thorough introduction into how to manage the equipment, steer and paddle and also how to stand and fall properly which wasn't as daunting as you'd first imagine!!

They allowed my boyfriend to wear a bouyancy aid and participate as he was not a competent swimmer and he was with Philipe at the front the entire time and way better at it than I was!!

We both had never tried a watersport before and it was a great opportunity to try something new and different when we were in Lisbon. We couldn't have asked for more support and fun with Jason, Sally and Phillipe leading us and next time I'll make sure I bend my knees as I'm a lil stiff and wobbly on the board!

We both had loads of fun and we would definitely have a go again when we return to Portugal in the future, thanks guys!!

Try it, it's not too expensive (we paid 35 E pp) and it's fun to try something new. They also sent you photos of yourselves participating which is a nice memento.

Visited September 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Sup X Scape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our first trip to the Silver Coast and will not be our last. It was the best family holiday we have had, made even more special with 2 trips organised by Sup X Scape. The first was on Obidos Lagoon and my wife’s first time on a SUP. With excellent tuition from Sally and Jason she took to SUP like a duck to water, well almost! This was a fun afternoon which we all enjoyed (me, my wife and daughters, 11 and 15). Our second trip with SUP X Scape was to the Berlengas Islands and was without doubt the highlight of our holiday. The scenery is stunning with crystal clear waters and impressive cliffs. Again Sally and Jason made a great trip into a truly memorable one.

Visited August 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had the best time learning to stand up paddle board - a very thorough lesson, and we all got the hang of it really quickly. Brilliant and friendly instructors - we enjoyed it so much that the two boys decided to give the SupSurf a go the following week. A definite 'must-do' if you have teens on holiday! Now we all want to go back and do it again,

Visited August 2012