Estalagem Do Convento is an authentic convent and retains the old world charm. The staff was so welcoming and the rooms were clean and delightful, we spent some time sitting in a family room with a large stone fireplace. Furthermore, the location couldn't be better--it sits outside the old wall and city of Obidos. Once we checked in, we entered through the thick outer wall and meandered through the cobblestone streets of Obidos. The hotel recommended an enchanting place to eat and we enjoyed the local drink served in chocolate cups. I give this hotel a five star because of ambiance, price and location. I would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Do Convento Hotel
- Estalagem Do Convento Hotel Obidos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an old convent building from 1830, in the medieval town of Obidos. The hotel is decorated with ancient charming furniture. Some rooms have the original black ceiling and all are decorated with beautiful tiles in the bathrooms. Our restaurant with capacity for 100 persons is in the old Cloister of the monastery. It is a wonderful opportunity to get to know one of Portugal's most historic towns, its traditions and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Estalagem Do Convento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.