“Top notch food & service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Portuguese restaurant specialized in steaks ( steakhouse) . Known as the Best Steak in Town ( by Time Out , " vox populi" and other magazines . You can have lunch in working days and dinner everyday until 02 AM
Pennsylvania
“Top notch food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was up for a long time when I had arrived in Lisbon. I wanted to have a good meal and then simply go to bed. I arrived at the door with the wrong time on my watch and was told to come back in an hour. An hour later, the man who answered the door (you need to ring the bell) answered again but in Uniform and ushered me in.
Granted, it was right when they opened and no normal person eats at 7pm in Lisbon. Nonetheless, I was treated to superb service and an amazing meal. There were two servers and a bartender and all three made it their job to make sure I had whatever I wanted. It was a little odd having three people watching out to make sure your wine glass was just perfect, chilling the wine in ice when not serving, etc, but it showed they didn't care that I was early and alone, I needed a good meal. They talked to me and were very friendly, asked if they could call me a cab for the ride back tot he hotel, etc. The service was over the top good and I felt like they genuinely cared.

Oh, then there was the steak. Melt in your mouth like butter perfection. Worth the price easily. I would go back for either the service or the food.

A real gem, that should not be missed when in Lisbon.

• Visited September 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Steak never tasted so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stumbled on this place by accident. The service was excellent and so was the food. The atmosphere was very cozy. The steak I had literally melted in my mouth like butter !!! My server made sure I got home safely afer dinner by getting me a cab. It was very late at night and raining.

Visited April 2012
Wroclaw, Poland
“The best restaurant in Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

For me and lots of friends this is the best restaurant in lisbon, and always with the same quality. I`m a frequent eater hereand i`m always happy to came back. Try it

• Visited August 2012
“Fantastisch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

With a very friendly waiter and steaks amounting to the quality expected in Argentina it was a very good restaurant. The relation price and quality, though not cheap, was excellent.

Lisbon, Portugal
“One of the best steaks in Lisbon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Once you're inside Cafe Sao Bento you get a felling that you're in a Pub. It's a cozy and the ambience is nice. There's not to much on the menu because the best and most requested plate is the Bife do Lombo (filet mignon) with a special sauce. The meat is so good and very tasty!
There's also a great wine selection and waiters are very helpful. For dessert I suggest the delicious Tart Tatin, sooooo good!
It's allowed to smoke inside.

• Visited August 2012