“Always well served.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capricciosa

Capricciosa
Passeio das Tagides, Lt. 2.26.01 - Parque das Nacoes, Lisbon 1990-280 LISBON, Portugal
+351 218 922 595
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“Always well served.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have eaten in Parque das Nações Capricciosa several times and I really did enjoy it! Each plate is well served and they taste really good. The calzones are the best; many ingredients and they taste even better.

The only con.. whenever I went there with many people they get a little bit disorientated (with big groups) and sometimes part of the order is forgotten and stuff like that.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leeds
“Nice location, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a busy sunday afternoon. The place was packed inside and outside. We have waited for 15 minutes before our order was taken. Starters arrived quickly and were just ok (salad and bruschetta). My main of pizza was average, the base didnt seem to be crispy enough.
I would not go back as i am sure can get better food elsewere but location is great and view of the bridge is breathtaking!

• Visited December 2013
Amadora, Lisboa, Portugal
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went there with a group of 10 or 12 friends. Asked for a pizza with olives. The waiter (a real piece of work) told me he would not add olives to my order. I told him would pay for the extra ingredient without problems. He would not allow me to have my order as i wished. Anyway, i ate the pizza with my friends (was nothing worth mentioning) while the waiters showed this "superior" tone and way of talk that was like talking down on us. Anyway, when it was time to pay, we asked for the check (with the grand total). The ammount was like 143€. We paid 150€ and waited for the waiter to bring the change back to us. He did not come. I then went to him and asked for the 7€ of change. His response was mind boggling: "oh, i thought you didnt want it!?". I yelled at him saying: "OF COURSE I WANT IT". Afterwards i promised never to set foot there again, which i havent. Capricciosa is probably the worst restaurant i have ever been, being treated like an ignorant. All i can say is that whenever there are group dinners and they mention that restaurant i make them change their mind to other restaurant which is much better and lacks the "low quality service" this one has.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“big starter, small pasta dish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ate at Capricciosa downtown near the station close to Rossio Square. I had the fried porcini as a starter. The portion was quite large, but I didn't like it very much, although I'm a porcini lover. The porcini seemed all cooked different, some had a lot of bite to it, and some were completely slimy. For pasta dish I choose pasta con aglio and olio and gamberi, which was tasty but the portion was incredibly small. If I hadn't taken a starter I would have left hungry. I had a strange feeling in my stomach after eating the porcini. Later, I threw up my whole meal. I would not recommend going there.

• Visited October 2013
Koksijde, Belgium
“Nice location, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Capricciosa has several restaurants in the Lisbon area. We went to the one at the docks (Docas).
The location is nice at the waterfront. Since it was a rainy day we needed to sit inside. (I prefer outside although this can be very noisy because you are sitting close to the Ponte 25 Abril; when a train is passing you are forced to stop the conversation!)
The inside decoration is all white with some red accent (chairs, lampshades). Gives a clean but cool impression.
As starters, besides the obligatory olives, each of us took a bruschettta. Tasteful and the bread was nicely crispy.
Then my wife went for the spaghetti "Al Aglio, Olio...". A bit of a disillusion because she didn't expect it to be without any garnishing. The dish was white as the walls of the restaurant only with a "small" red accent: half a micro tomato on top.
I took a pizza "4 stagioni" which was just OK. The wine of our choice was a Valpolicella. Again OK.
For the people with car, you need to go via the Avenida de Brasilia where the restaurant offers free parking (2 hours).
All in all our lunch was OK in a nice setting.

• Visited October 2013