“Lovely setting, but needs a revamp” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
uk
“Lovely setting, but needs a revamp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The selling point is that if you book a table you get into the castle an hour or so before free gratis. We had plenty of time to wander around, climb the ramparts and enjoy the view of Lisbon by night, so that is a good selling point.

The restaurtant itself is in a beautiful vaulted room. We had no complaints on the service, and I would rate the food as good if very expensive.

However my complaint would be the loos - for such an expensive place I expected something really nice. In fact the loos are probably the worst I came across in Portugal. Shabby, bits of plumbing falling off, and needing a complete overhaul.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manager_CLeao, Manager at Casa Do Leao, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for choosing Casa do Leão Restaurant at Pousadas de Portugal and for taking the time to post your opinion, as it helps us to get better. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Let us inform our property is included in a plan of improvements in a near future. We hope you can choose our restaurant again.

Best Regards

lisbon
“Beautiful setting.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went with friends from South Africa for the location and history of the place. It was a beautiful day, we ate outside under the trees with that absolutely magnificent view. After that everything was just ok. The server was not nice or bad, he was just doing a job... not ok for that kind of restaurant. The only outstanding dish was Toucinho do Ceu which is a desert. All four of us had it and loved it. When we got home we realized we had been charged for 8 deserts !!! Even though we called and the manager was very understanding and was very ready to get us the money back, it still has not happened as there seems to be a huge problem to just send us a check or credit the money to our credit card.
I must say I am not impressed and it is a shame that an amazing place like this does not deliver adequate service and great food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Poor service - poor food - great view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to this restaurant because it was recommended in the Michelin guide (a reference in terms of food) but we were very disappointing.
The restaurant was empty....I now understand why.
The only good thing was the manager: he welcomed us and was very friendly. Our server did not speak nor smile, and it seemed he only wanted to go home.
The food was poor: fish overcooked, dish hated up in microwaves, rice all sticky (not in a nice way).
I definitely do not recommend this place - just go there for a drink and enjoy the view

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manager_CLeao, Gerente geral at Casa Do Leao, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Customer, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better! We hope to be able to welcome you again in a near future!
Edinburgh
“Stunning view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My mum and I had been before for a drink, but we decided to have lunch here this time overlooking the city. For the view alone go! My mum had an amazing tomato salad, my black spaghetti and shrimp was tasty. Lovely green wine. I had great pleasure sharing my shrimp with a delightful little cat which enjoyed being petted too. I have had better food in Lisbon, but with the view the experience was lovely.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Customer, we are glad you’ve enjoyed your experience on our Restaurant. We certainly enjoyed reading your comments and would like to thank you for your evaluation. We hope to be able to welcome you again in a near future. Best wishes.
Haifa, Israel
“the wiew is marvelous but the food is terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

inspite of some good recomendation writen in your site my experience was very poor
my wife recieved a different fish to what she ordered and the waiter didnn"t put any attention to our will to change it. my meat also was poor the same was the dessert.
the wine was o.k.