I believe that the comments prior to mine says it all! When I first saw the corridor - and then walked into my room - all I could think of of was "weird". Then I started looking around the room and the weirdness became weirder. I will try to describe some specific thoughts:
* Most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. I take that back, I slept in a wood bed in China once and that was more uncomfortable. The pillows were hard, the bed frame low and at a perfect height to make you limp away with black and blue knees.
* The shower is a death trap for even the youngest of us and standing in freezing water while trying to figure out how the contraption works was not fun. You need to be very very limber to get in and out and, in my opinion, is very dangerous.
* The walls are ridiculously thin.
* If traveling with another person and privacy is important, stay away.
*. I do not want to watch myself using the toilet, so unless that is your thing, you also may want to avoid this hotel.
* Outlet in the bathroom is waayyyyy under the sink so be prepared to be on your knees while drying your hair.
* Concrete and Glass and very poor ventalation so the whole room gets steamy when one is showering.
* Our room with a city view overlooked a wall with graffiti.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
However, Ana at the front desk was fabulous! She was polite, professional and more than helpful. Kudos to the hotel for having Ana on staff.
Also, the wifi is super FAST which is a huge plus in my book! This almost excused the weirdness!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the contemporary DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park hotel and enjoy a superb location in the heart of Lisbon, unique decor, modern business and leisure amenities and warm hospitality. We will even greet you with our delicious fresh-baked cookie upon arrival. Set in the Saldanha area of Lisbon, this modern hotel is close to the historical city center, tourist attractions and commercial and shopping areas and offers easy access to stretches of sandy beaches, beautiful golf courses and Lisbon Airport. Every light and airy guest room at this distinctive Lisbon hotel features sleek decor and modern amenities, including a 26-inch LCD TV, work area and WiFi. Some of our guest rooms and suites also offer a balcony and sliding floor-to-ceiling windows. Hold an event for up to 400 people with 7 flexible meeting spaces, with the latest A/V equipment and direct access to the large interior car park. Listen to the soothing sound of waterfalls in the hotel's attractive interior courtyard, which features a winter garden. In the evening, this relaxed area comes alive with DJs playing laid-back, contemporary music in the chic Fontana Bar Lounge - the ideal place to rendezvous with friends over cocktails. Featuring striking black and fuchsia decor, Bonsai offers an intimate ambiance and Oriental fusion cuisine. Dine in Saldanha Mar, where Chef Paula Carcao has created a tempting Portuguese and Mediterranean-style menu, showcasing the finest fish and seafood ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Park Lisbon
- Hotel Fontana Park