“Finding the hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Engenheiro Vieira da Silva, 2, Lisbon 1050-105, Portugal   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #125 of 226 Hotels in Lisbon
Lexington Park MD, United States
“Finding the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Coming up the main street, there is no sign to indicate the hotel location. But take the road with the ESSI sign, go 2 blocks and the hotel is on the left. Parking is underneath and you have to go completely around the hotel block to get access.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sturbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Hilton is like no other Hilton, Period. Thankfully we read the reviews and were prepared for a black and white experience. The hallways were a trip and unforgetable, they looked like out of a science fiction movie. The room was all black and white with a lovely view of the real city. The bathroom was the wildest I have ever seen, black glass, black granite, black marble. We loved it. It was an experience well worth living. Oh, and the breakfast in the morning was delightful with champagne...

Room Tip: They must all be good rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear guest,

What a wonderful feedback! I am so happy to read all your comments and to know that you loved your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park!

We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Kind regards,
paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

hotel staff was fantastic. very polite. no temperature control in the room. had to call the front desk for every temperature adjustment. on/off/temp setting. the shower was a 1/2 panel of glass, water went all over the floor. bad design. outside bar open until 1 am. you could hear the people talking clicking glasses.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had during your last stay with us. I am writing to inform you that the issues regarding the temperature control and the shower and they have already been reported to our maintenance team for immediate action.

However, I am happy to read that you found our team members "fantastic" and "very polite". It was a pleasure to provide you the best service and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Best regards,
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We spent ten days in this hotel while in Lisbon. The location worked for us as we wanted to see old Lisbon and area without being in the city center. The service was outstanding. Breakfast was excellent. However, we found the hallways and room dark. When you get off the elevator all you see is 'black' - almost eerie. The walls, doors and carpet are all black. The room is black. The bathroom is black or lined with mirrors! With limited lighting it is impossible to read in bed (there was no chair outside of one for the desk). The closets just have to make you laugh. It is impossible for anyone less than six feet tall to reach the hangers. There is no place to set anything in the bathroom or around the bed. The reception area and restaurant are totally white. The chairs and stools provided in the reception area and bar are interesting but not too comfortable.

Room Tip: We always look for a quiet room and found that facing the garden not the street. Windows on street...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback. Regarding the hotel design, I am writing to inform you that your comments were reported to our design team for investigation. Nevertheless, I am glad to read that you found our service “outstanding” and our breakfast “excellent”!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future!

Kind regards,
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Agree with other reviewers.

Convenient location. A short walk from Saldanha metro station. Very comfortable bed. Pleasant staff.

The major issue is room functionality. If you are short, you will have to stretch to reach the closet hangers. Closet door opens right on top of bed side counter so most of counter space is useless.

In room WiFi signal is very weak. Black is the theme. The hallway is not at all pleasant looking. It's ALL black and bland.

Nice looking room. But overall issues with functionality and way too much black.

G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the issues you faced during your recent stay. We completely understand that the room functionality and the hotel color selection were not what you were expecting and we embrace the fact that every guest has its preferences.

However, I am glad to know that you enjoyed our “very comfortable bed” as well as out “pleasant staff”!

We would love to welcome you back to our hotel and to the beautiful city of Lisbon!

Best regards,
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Like many other reviewers, I found the decor in the hotel terrible - the worst I have ever seen. What was the designer thinking about? - it is black, black and more black. Even coming out of the elevator, you are hit by the blackness - I couldn't believe my eyes and took my first ever trip advisor photograph so you can see what I mean.
Checking in was good, although instead of being offered a melting warm cookie (apparently it's a tradition!), a nice drink of cold water would have been more appreciated!
As mentioned above, on seeing the corridor to my room, I was totally shocked, not even a picture on the wall to break the blackness up!
The rooms are nice, but too much black again, especially in the bathroom, where everything is black, except the sink, bath and toilet!
I went to the bar for a drink and decided to also eat there. The service at the bar was excellent, even though the barman was rushed of his feet, he did a great job!
After eating a nice meal, I went back to the room and had a great sleep. As I had an early start, I arranged an early morning call - it was on time, but the only thing was I don’t like a knock on the door to wake me up! - I find it intrusive - should I answer the door or not? Please use the phone for wake up calls!
Check out was smooth and I was offered another cookie to complete the stay!
Would I be back - unfortunately no because of the decor - but I can recommend the staff and the quality of the service.

Room Tip: I was facing inward facing other buildings where the noise echoed - ask for a different outlook if p...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to share your thoughts with other travelers. Your feedback and comments are very important to us and allowed us to make the necessary changes and take actions in order to improve ourselves.

We apologize to read that we failed to provide you an unforgettable experience that you should have deserved during your stay. Also, we regret to hear that you didn’t like the hotel design as well as its features. Nevertheless, we would like to inform you that the issues you mentioned have already been reported to our management team for immediate action!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Yours sincerely,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Staying here at the moment, for 3 nights, and have some first impressions. Fisrt of all, yes it's all dark, but I can get over that.

More irritating is the room layout and the furniture in there. I have a desk, with THE most uncomfortable black (of course) plastic chair, and it really really does not lend itself to sitting in at all, never mind for an extended period. Thats not much of a problem if your laptop battery is flat however, as the only sockets in the room are on the far side of the double bed, way to far away for me to sit at the desk AND charge my laptop. A quick search UNDER the desk revealed a single socket on the bottom side of the table top (i.e. pointing to the floor ) but the desk light is (was) plugged into that.

A true example of form before function I'm afraid, and I won;t be back.

Room Tip: Really ? Get on in the nearby Sheraton.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, your feedback was extremely important and it allowed us to make the necessary actions to improve our service. I have noted your comments regarding the different issues you had to face and I would like to inform you that the issues you mentioned have already been reported to our management team for immediate action.

Thank you in advance and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in order to give you the treat you deserve.

Yours faithfully,
Gonçalo Coelho de Sousa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park? Share your experiences!