When I travel from Warsaw to Fortaleza I have an obligatory 22h long layover in Lisbon. TAP airlines gives hotel for free. This time I got 4* VIP Executive Arts Hotel.
I got checked into handicap room. That means no bathtub. As I was with a 2 year old, I asked for a new room. Was moved to another one without any problems.
I quickly changed clothes and left with my baby girl to grab a bite.
We came back to the room later at night (around 9 pm). My girl was tired and cranky.
As she is lactose intolerant I had to buy her some special food. And then I noticed no fridge in the room. When I called the front desk they said, well it was broken so it's in the maintenance. I asked for another fridge. They said no. I asked for a new room. Which was also refused. So then I asked for a bucket of ice. I was told I had to pay 5 USD for a room service.
It's not about 5 USD but about the fact that they would give me a room without a fridge, and then wouldn't cooperate. That's ridiculous. Not sure if they did that because I was a TAP client so I did't pay for my stay.
Also TV reception was far from acceptable.
To sum up: hotel is in a good location that is definitely a plus, but I really hated the fact I got a crappy room, wasn't warned that it had no fridge, and people were not helpful.
Next time I'm in Lisbon will ask for a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel VIP Executive Arts is a modern 4 star hotel with 300 rooms (including 11 suites), which combines design, hospitality and a good quality service, in order to meet its guests needs of comfort and wellbeing. Featuring eight meeting rooms and a modern auditorium, the Hotel also offers a full range of restaurants and parking for over 500 cars. Hotel VIP Executive Arts is situated in the Parque das Nações quater, the new business centre of Lisbon. In a dynamic and modern urban centre, you can find, within walking distance of the hotel, the Congress Centre of Lisbon (FIL), a vast network of recreational services, as well as privileged access to Lisbon International Airport and an extensive transport network. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your VIP Executive Arts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vip Executive Arts Lisbon
- Vip Executive Arts Hotel Lisbon