“the best 'goês' in town?” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #492 of 2,625 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Indian
Lisbon, Portugal
“the best 'goês' in town?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Alright, the truth is that I don't know that many goan restaurants in town (I know a couple, ok, literally, another 2), but I'll take my chances, Jesus is bound to be up there!

First time we went there, right down these words:
Boges [like onion bhajis] with a cillantro Chutney - the best 'bhaji' like stuff I've had and don't get me started on the CHUTNEY!
Xec Xec Crab (no idea what xec xec stands for)... let's just say that the second time we went there we had this one again. And I'll have this yellow delight any day of the week!
Okra and shrimp curry, although more discreet, very very nice mild curry (not too spicy at all).
We finished with the bebinca, which I'm usually not a fan of, but sharing this one was challenging (I probably had 2 thirds my self).
My partner had this amazing ginger tea, which they make there. We asked about the tea, if there was anyway she could buy it to make at home, not the case, but they did tell us how to do it. A couple of minutes later the girl brings us a little paper with all the ingredients for the tea, how sweet is that?

2nd time around:
"Chamuças" here are goood, plus a chapati that also came with that wonderfull cillantro chutney and a chillie gem (amazing, vibrant red, not too spicy, yammy).
As mentioned, we repeated the Xec Xec and decided to also try the Chicken Cafreal, which has just the perfect balance between the cilantro and the spices (clear little kick of cinnamon, just enough not to overpower it), delicious sauce, perfectly cooked chicken (the same goes of course to crab).

both times we spent a bit over 30€ (for drinks we usually have either a tea or lassi, o glass of wine or beer for me :p, always water and 2 coffees)

So, I'd say 15-20€ per person (if you're frugal you can do less, I guess), which is a bit over your average 'indian food style' restaurant, but I have to say it's well worth your pennies.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Finger licking good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The place for unpretentious good food in a well known neighbourhood, the chef tantalize your palette with aromatic spices. Worth trying the crab xec xec and prawn Marsala, for the less spicy try the steak also the dessert "bebinca" melts in your mouth.
The cocktails like" Gin with Jesus " is refreshing.

• Visited April 2013