“Vegetarian refuge :)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Fusion, Healthy, Vegan
London, United Kingdom
“Vegetarian refuge :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We found this place by chance, and I was SO happy, as being vegetarian on holidays in Lisbon is hard :)) we had lunch there every day for next 6 days, and it was always healthy, delicious and meat free :) my mum, who is diabetic, was able to enjoy some sweet treats as well, as they do not use sugar! Perfect. :) Staff doesn't speak very good English, but they were very helpful, and managed to advice us well. Just a gem, highly recommended :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A hidden treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is arguably the best vegetarian place in Lisboa. Rather out of the way compared to the rest of the places, and with something of a bookshop/community meeting house feel to it, Bem-Me-Quer appears to offer a rather modest selection of hot dishes to eat in as well as some pasties to take away. But when they bring the food out, they have adorned it with as much salad as one can fit on a plate, and the meal itself is tasty and nutritious. It is the one place which doesn't serve food that tastes like it has been laden with grease: sadly a trait in even the most well-meaning of ethical eateries. The lady working there at the time was friendly and helped us choose the food we wanted. The pasties are a real surprise too. Carrot and coriander. Goodness me. Not to be missed. It was a shame we only really made it up there on the last day as I'd have liked to have eaten there more often. Still, next time, as they say.