“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lisboa Carmo Hotel

You added Lisboa Carmo Hotel to your Saves list
Lisboa Carmo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Oliveira ao Carmo 1-3, Lisbon 1200-307, Portugal (Baixa)   |
Ranked #12 of 217 Hotels in Lisbon
Piracicaba, SP
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Good location, nice and modern room, excellent breakfast, excellent room service, staff helpful and the most important it was clean!
I was with my husband and 2 kids 6 and 8 yo and I felt very confortable as at home.
The parking place is a little bit difficult to get in and out but we had rent a big car and we were at Lisbon old city

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Really good location for the metro and airport buses and for the city centre attractions and shops. We arrived early and wanted to leave our bags so we could wander around, when we arrived they got our room done asap and gave us a complimentary drink which was really nice and expected. Our bags were taken up to our room as well. Room was nice and modern and had a nice view. Everything was really clean including the bathroom, one of the walls between the shower and bedroom was glass with a fancy electronic blind for privicy. It was a nice touch and well designed for all types of guest. Staff were eager to help and were friendly. Really enjoyed our stay :)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get the best views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Marys, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Loved this Hotel. Arrived after getting off cruise ship early for check in Luggage stowed then brought to our room before we came back. Room was good size with a great view. Shower spacious and bed comfortable. Hair dryer, safe & small refrigerator in room. Free WiFi in room, complimentary breakfast was very good. I cannot say enough about the staff, polite and extremely helpful. They were Excellent! They arranged for taxi to take us to airport and helped with the luggage.
Location was ideal. We didn't see a pool or fitness center but the hills and stairs took care of that! We wouldn't have taken time for a pool, just a lengthy hot shower. Highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Have just returned from a 5 night stay at this wonderful hotel with my husband. I picked it based on the brilliant reviews on Tripadvisor and was extremely pleased with my choice!

Check in was quick and the staff on the front desk were extremely friendly - a special mention goes to Sara who was so helpful to us during our stay but all the front desk staff we encountered were first class.

I normally struggle when I stay in European hotels with the comfort of the beds, usually finding them too hard - this bed was the best bed I've ever slept in! It was a super king bed - the standard of which you would normally find in New York hotels - I slept so well during my stay! We had a lovely room (309) which was a good size, bonus for me it had a bath which I prefer. Also free wifi which was very handy and there was a little fridge in the room which housed complimentary bottled water which was replaced on a daily basis - I've never come across this before and was a lovely touch. The air con worked fine. There was also a safe in the room.

The breakfast included fresh fruits (kiwi, pineapple, melon), white and brown breads and rolls, cheese and cold meats, yoghurts, scrambled eggs and bacon, cereals, a selection of fruit juices, water and mini pastries. I enjoyed the breakfast - it would have been nice if the pastries/croissants were full sized ones rather than the mini ones or perhaps a magdalena type cake was offered as well instead of the same style of pastries which I found to be a bit greasy but that is a minor point. The only other suggestion I could make to improve this hotel would be for hot drinks to be served to you at the table - we didn't realise until about the third day in that you're meant to take your cup and saucer to the bar area in the breakfast room and order your coffee directly there - in other hotels I've stayed in normally someone would come to the table and ask if you'd like tea/coffee - is a much more personal touch I think.

The front desk staff helped us with numerous questions and all were so friendly, helpful and knowledgable. We booked a taxi back to the airport through the hotel which they offer for 17 euros - you are then issued with a receipt which you hand to the driver - everything is included so no need to leave a tip. This took the stress out of getting to the airport.

We found the hotel location to be perfect for us and we will definitely be returning - we are planning on doing so again next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 309, first week of June. The Hotel was so good. Our room had a huge bed and oh so comfortable! My wife is a light sleeper but she said the bed was the best we had ever slept in, in Europe!
The room was spotlessly cleaned each day by the amazing maid. We never saw her or heard her but she did a great job!
The breakfast was good but maybe a one different items each day would make it perfect (sponge cakes needed!).
The hotel staff were very helpful, especially Sara and another lady who checked us out.
The hotel is in a perfect location to check out all that Lisbon has to offer.
We will return to this lovely hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cobham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My two young sons and I agreed that our experience at the Lisboa Carmo Hotel could not have been better. We were given a wonderful "family suite" which consisted of two good sized rooms ea. with a full bath. The rooms connected which allowed us to have our space but still be together. The hotel was clean, modern, well kept and in what we considered to be a prime location. Breakfast was very tasty and plentiful and the staff was both friendly and helpful. We'd very much recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: For my boys, the restaurant down the block was perfect. It had a great selection and variety of foo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Staff were helpfull and thoughtfull , rooms clean, quiet and beautiful , flowers exquisite , breakfast wonderful! We stayed in a family suite with our teenager, could not have been better! Location great, easy walks to everything in the old city, including stations. Would definitely recommend and will certainly stay again on next visit.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Lisboa Carmo Hotel? Share your experiences!