“Lovely hostel with fantastic staff” 5 of 5 stars

Praca dos Restauradores, 65, 2nd floor, Lisbon 1250-188, Portugal   |
Ranked #5 of 246 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely hostel with fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here unexpectedly as an extra night in Lisbon when I lost my passport but I was so lucky that I happened to pick this hostel! The staff are so friendly and really helpful as well, absolutely outstanding. I really enjoyed an evening cooking Portuguese food and chatting with the staff and other guests! I picked a private room on the top floor of the building in the eaves of the roof which was quirky and really spacious, containing a double bedroom with a small storage/dressing room off it, a little sitting area and a shower room, almost like a mini apartment. If I return to Lisbon I would certainly make this first choice to stay at again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
GoodmorningLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Goodmorning Hostel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We have an amazing staff, :-) and they really love what they do. Hope you visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at Goodmorning hostel for 2 nights, the first in a private room with ensuite and the second in a dorm when my friends arrived. The private room was so amazing it could be a B&B! At the value for money, comfort, and amazing location, I would recommend to my parents to book the private room at goodmorning if they were going to Lisbon! The dorm was great too - I was staying with all friends so less concerned with storage space, etc. - but the beds were comfortable and there were tons of outlets so we could all 4 charge our phones at once :-)

Other great things - the waffle breakfast was delicious, the location was amazingly central and the aerobus from the airport dropped off right across the square, and the staff were super helpful planning our weekend travel. The decor was adorable, and we met some other travelers at breakfast who joined us for site seeing. Would absolutely stay again if I return to Lisbon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
:-) Good to know you loved your stay! Waffles will be here, so you have to visit us again!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The staff is warm, friendly and very helpful. I broke my spects on the way from Faro to Lisbon and did not have a spare. A staff member was kind enough to accompany to the nearest store (I was practically blind!), They give you the best suggestions on where to go and what to eat. The evenings were totally awesome free sangria, karaoke and I was lucky to be lodging with a great bunch of people. Great atmosphere. I did not feel like I was travelling solo. Pity I could not go for the pub crawl!!
To Duarte, Tatiana, Joao, Vitor, Joana and rest of the staff. Keep up the great work. It was a pleasure staying at Goodmorning Hostel. Cheers!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much! Good to know you loved all our events! We are waiting for next visit! ;-)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This was hands down the BEST hostel I stayed in throughout all of Europe. I've never felt so at home and so welcomed at any hostel or hotel for that matter. The facilities are fabulous (comfy beds, clean large washrooms/showers, balconies off rooms etc) but it was the staff who really make Goodmorning what it is. They are a dedicated caring group of individuals who genuinely love their job and are GREAT at it. They have amazing advice, cooked breakfast everymorning, homemade soup at night (free!!), held wine tastings, did cooking classes with traditional Portuguese ingredients and these are just naming a few of the amazing things they do here. It truly felt like home. The staff even lights candles every night all around the common areas. It's the little details such as these that make this place so phenomenal. Our last night here we could not stay to try the dinner than was being cooked because we had a flight to catch. So the staff without us asking gave us their copy of the recipe. I can't praise them enough. Well done Goodmorning. Hope to visit again soon!! :)

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review! Hope you had the chance to try our portuguese recipe! :-) See you soon!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This would have to be one of my favourite Hostels for sure!
Amazing people that run the place!
They really care for you and make you truly feel at home, they always have things for you, the free soup was always delicious, and don't get me started on the free waffles for breakfast!!
AMAZING! I want the recipe for them! It was the perfect way to start the day.
Its also in the best location!
The staff really make your time, putting on free wine tastings ect, and they are always fun!
Fantastic stay! and the beds were so comfy!
I want to go back just so I can chill in the hostel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
You have to come back! :-) Waffles are delicious and we are happy to know you felt like home! Thanks a lot!
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a 6 bed female dorm. The Hostel is in a great location as the bus from the airport drops you off right in the square. It is also right by the Metro and the main train station and easy walking distance to many of the sites, shopping and the Bairro Alto for nightlife. It’s very clean, has great hot showers and super lovely staff. The staff were so helpful in assisting with maps and advice on what to do and how to get there and extremely pleasant and patient all the time.
The breakfast is nice and served till noon which was fantastic for a late riser like myself. There was lots of different breads, waffles, cheese, tomato and cucumber toppings as well as nice jam. Coffee is free all day long. Each night they provide a free hot soup and a speciality drinks such as mulled wine or sangria. My only complaint was that they do not have a smoking area at all. It is not even allowed to smoke on one of the outside balconies. So I had to go downstairs each time and stand in the street to have a cigarette. I felt embarrassed to stand in the street smoking, particularly as at times was dressed to relax around the hostel and not for the outside. It would definitely be nice if they could provide something for us smokers!
I did feel that the rooms were a bit small for a 6 dorm room as we were constantly in each others' way. However the beds were very clean and comfy.
The hostel attracts a mixed group of ages and types but definitely it’s not a crazy party hostel. Although some groups were loud and noisy coming home at 4-5am and talking loudly….so maybe the night staff should ask them to be quiet when they return as it woke me up several times. I would also be sure to request a room on the back as people who were on the street front said it was extremely noisy.
Regardless of the negatives, I would say thanks to Good Morning Hostel staff for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Choose on on the back of the property as less street noise.