“Couldn't be better!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Couldn't be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This was hands down the BEST hostel I stayed in throughout all of Europe. I've never felt so at home and so welcomed at any hostel or hotel for that matter. The facilities are fabulous (comfy beds, clean large washrooms/showers, balconies off rooms etc) but it was the staff who really make Goodmorning what it is. They are a dedicated caring group of individuals who genuinely love their job and are GREAT at it. They have amazing advice, cooked breakfast everymorning, homemade soup at night (free!!), held wine tastings, did cooking classes with traditional Portuguese ingredients and these are just naming a few of the amazing things they do here. It truly felt like home. The staff even lights candles every night all around the common areas. It's the little details such as these that make this place so phenomenal. Our last night here we could not stay to try the dinner than was being cooked because we had a flight to catch. So the staff without us asking gave us their copy of the recipe. I can't praise them enough. Well done Goodmorning. Hope to visit again soon!! :)

• Stayed November 2013
GoodmorningLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Goodmorning Hostel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice review! Hope you had the chance to try our portuguese recipe! :-) See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This would have to be one of my favourite Hostels for sure!
Amazing people that run the place!
They really care for you and make you truly feel at home, they always have things for you, the free soup was always delicious, and don't get me started on the free waffles for breakfast!!
AMAZING! I want the recipe for them! It was the perfect way to start the day.
Its also in the best location!
The staff really make your time, putting on free wine tastings ect, and they are always fun!
Fantastic stay! and the beds were so comfy!
I want to go back just so I can chill in the hostel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
You have to come back! :-) Waffles are delicious and we are happy to know you felt like home! Thanks a lot!
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a 6 bed female dorm. The Hostel is in a great location as the bus from the airport drops you off right in the square. It is also right by the Metro and the main train station and easy walking distance to many of the sites, shopping and the Bairro Alto for nightlife. It’s very clean, has great hot showers and super lovely staff. The staff were so helpful in assisting with maps and advice on what to do and how to get there and extremely pleasant and patient all the time.
The breakfast is nice and served till noon which was fantastic for a late riser like myself. There was lots of different breads, waffles, cheese, tomato and cucumber toppings as well as nice jam. Coffee is free all day long. Each night they provide a free hot soup and a speciality drinks such as mulled wine or sangria. My only complaint was that they do not have a smoking area at all. It is not even allowed to smoke on one of the outside balconies. So I had to go downstairs each time and stand in the street to have a cigarette. I felt embarrassed to stand in the street smoking, particularly as at times was dressed to relax around the hostel and not for the outside. It would definitely be nice if they could provide something for us smokers!
I did feel that the rooms were a bit small for a 6 dorm room as we were constantly in each others' way. However the beds were very clean and comfy.
The hostel attracts a mixed group of ages and types but definitely it’s not a crazy party hostel. Although some groups were loud and noisy coming home at 4-5am and talking loudly….so maybe the night staff should ask them to be quiet when they return as it woke me up several times. I would also be sure to request a room on the back as people who were on the street front said it was extremely noisy.
Regardless of the negatives, I would say thanks to Good Morning Hostel staff for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Choose on on the back of the property as less street noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Goodmorning is a very cool hostel. The staff are all so welcoming and super friendly. Great atmosphere! The people really does make this hostel special. They all seem to enjoy being there and they dont mind spending time giving you tips and giving directions. They have cool activities most nights so you get to hang out with other people who stay there. Great location and clean. The only suggestion is can you please put tray or something in the shower so we have a place to put our toiletries in the shower? Thanks Goodmorning!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Granada, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hostel is almost too good to be true, it's no wonder it's the fourth best hostel in Europe! (At least that's what I remember). Being an erasmus student in Granada, I spend 2 night in Lisboa with an erasmus group (Erasmus Best Life Experience) that organises the same trip every semester and always spends the night in Good Morning and Good Night. So thanks to this group, I got to know Good Morning hostel, something I'm pretty greatful for. The staff is amazing, it's super clean, the interior is awesome, the breakfast is great, they organise tons of stuff so even if you're travelling alone, you'll find a family here, it's just amazing. I was stunned. So, thank you very much Good Morning! Maybe we'll meet again someday!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

There are only a few hostels in the world that I can honestly I truly felt at home. From the moment I arrived on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, I was greeted with great music streaming throughout the living room (like I said, it was home), free iced tea and orange juice, and smiles from a friendly staff that loves life, making new friends, and allowing you to be comfortable in such a beautiful city. The staff has been awarded multiple times and deserve every bit of credit. The location was perfect, very close to metro station, supermarket, and even Lisbon's only Starbucks (for those of you who really, really think it's necessary that they have their Soy Caramel Latte in the morning). As I began to elude to earlier in the review, the layout of the place literally is like a "home". The kitchen was large and I enjoyed cooking on it, the dining room and roundtable reminded you of those days you got a lecture on life almost every night in high school, and the "lounge" room was the coldest room, the most entertaining (it had the entertainment center, including KARAOKE), and most relaxing (the best NAP place ever!). Hands down, the best place to stay in Lisbon. I will be back here, sooner rather later.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on the back so you're not facing the street if you want to sleep in the mornin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I arrived in Lisbon after working 12 hours then flying 9 hours to get there, I was still in my work uniform and was tired but I was so excited to get there I didn't care. They don't have a lift so lugging my suitcase up 6 flights of stairs wasn't ideal but it's Europe this should be expected. Leah was there to check me in and she was so helpful. Even though I couldn't check in she offered me a shower and a place to change my clothes and freshen up. She then let me lock my suitcase up so I could explore the city. She gave me maps, asked how many days I would be there and suggested things for each days based upon what the city had to offer. They had a little market going on Saturday so she recommended saving that area for that day so I could partake in that. They offer a free walking tour at 11am that has hostel pick up which is great. Upon returning back to the hostel after walking around I was shown around the hostel, bathrooms, bedroom, common area, kitchen with microwave, stove and sink as well as fridge etc, all for use of us. They have different drinks every night for you to enjoy (wine, sangria, caipirinha) My bed was comfortable, had an individual reading light and wall socket so you could charge your phone. Rooms have an electronic key card so only you and your roommates can get in. I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm and felt comfortable and safe at all times. Bathrooms were 2 doors down, on the same floor and bathrooms are gender specific even if your room isn't. Hair dryer in the bathroom for use and showers were always warm. I had to leave a day early and explained that to the staff so they knew they could use my bed if needed. They graciously offered me my money for the night I wouldn't be staying which I thought was so nice. I also asked about a cab to the airport and the staff was so helpful in letting me know they could call a service they have (it was full) so he offered to set up a cab, call one in the am for me, or told me just a block away at the Hard Rock Cafe there is always some waiting. I can not say enough about how great the staff is here, how comfortable and safe I always felt even as a a female traveling alone. They have so much to offer as far as a kitchen for cooking and storing food. They have juice, coffee and tea available all day and night free of charge as well as the liquor drink of the evening. They also have breakfast in the morning. Maps and tons of tour pamphlets for you to look at and are always willing to help explain or offer ideas on where to go and how to get there. They have computers for you to use at anytime and a relaxing common area. Centrally located, right in the middle of everything.There is nothing I would change about this place and wish they had hostels all over Europe because I would always stay at one if they did. A+++++++ all the way. If you are headed to Lisbon, you have to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Goodmorning Hostel? Share your experiences!