“the brioche is SOOO good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lisboa
“the brioche is SOOO good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The place is very pretty and clean and cozy. Staff is adorable. Tea selection is very good and the quality of the tea is very good (they have good water too). I had a hot brioche and it was delicious. They have pastries which I didn't try: they are French, which means they look better than they taste (I am Italian...I know my pastries) and they are pricey. Still: the place is so nice that is worth going there for tea. Definitely cool. Wi-fi works well and you can also just go there for work. For tourists is cheap, for Portuguese standards is pricey and hip. If you stick to tea and brioche is about 6 euros.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Once is enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Wanted to try Poison D'Amour: it looked nice, the pastries looked nice, it had lots of people waiting for a table... it was probably very good. Wrong. It was just trendy. They didn't have the basics like a croissant. So I asked for another pastry. It didn't seem very appealing (it looked dry) so when I asked the waiter to warm it a bit, he gave me a cold look telling me that it would ruin the pastry... I had to insist, which wasn't pleasant. Neither were the check. Don't recommend and I think this place is not that trendy anymore... I wonder why?!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Lovely decoration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is no Laduree, that is for sure. The pastries could be fresher. But the place is just so cute it is almost irresistible. They did a good job on decoration and creating a "not your ordinary coffee shop atmosphere". It looks small from the outside but it has a pleasant outdoor seating area in the back.
Service was actually good. Would rate it excellent if the pastries had stood out some more to my taste buds. Still want to give it another try, perhaps for brunch next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“I wish it didn't happen but it did.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went with my girlfriend to chat a bit and we wanted to check this place out. Exterior as well as interior was very nice (but nicer than average Lisbon Cafes) and one could see they invested time and $$ into it. We were well greeted when we came in. Everything was impeccably clean.

We stood a little looking at their sweets and I personally expected an explanation from the waitress behind the counter but had to ask for one.
We finally picked our sweets and sat down after having checked place out.
I asked for a soup that was good and their champagne pastry (champagne mousse with fresh red berries). My friend ordered a "Brooklyn" (chocolate mousse-ish pastry).

Here comes the bad - The "champagne" was good but as I started to eat the berries I found mold on at least 60 % of the berries. Not a great impression, but it makes sense as the pastries are not made fresh everyday. They apologized like they should and I asked not to be charged for the pastry. However, they did try to convince me that the mold was sugar and not mold. But hey, what sugar is green/bluefish looking?

I don't know if I would go back, but it seemed like it was their first time dealing with this, so things like this happens. Just shouldn't.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Saturday breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went to Poison d'Amour for breakfast with a friend of mine last Saturday.
It is really cozy and the french decoration and music make you feel as if you are in France.
Not being a fan of most cakes/pastries I ordered a "pain au chocolat" that was delicious and had a limonade with raspberry to drink that was very refreshing and tasty!
We sat at the table with the best view of the garden which makes you forget that you are in the city center as it is very quiet and relaxing.
It wasn't too expensive but it wasn't cheap either, about 5€ each.
Will go back some other time!

• Visited January 2013