“Great location and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dom Sancho I

You added Hotel Dom Sancho I to your Saves list
Hotel Dom Sancho I
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida da Liberdade 202, Lisbon 1250-140 Lisboa, Portugal   |
Ranked #136 of 216 Hotels in Lisbon
UK
“Great location and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Spent a couple of nights here when visitng Lisbon - which is a great city to visit by the way. Good value hotel, close to Avenida metro stop. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and fairly spacious room, pretty good breakfast and a good location. Only gripe was that out room was right next to the breakfast area so we were woken early by plates clacking etc.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next to the breakfast area
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Nice hotel, small clean rooms, clean linnen en towels every day, breakfast is basic, but good,
The hotel is good value for money,
Location is great, a 5 minut walk to the old center and the trainstation, subway 200 mtr. From hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with our stay. The hotel is not what we expected at all. The rooms were very small, dark and musty.

We feel deceived by the management because the photos of the rooms are much nicer and make the rooms appear bigger than the rooms actually are.

The bathroom is TINY and SMELLED like wet rotten sewage. There was only 1 sink and a closet-sized bathroom for the 5 of us travelling together.

The beds are extremely uncomfortable - more like fold-out cots than real beds. One of our beds was located right next to the bathroom sink and smelly toilet. You cannot even sleep.

When we complained to the hotel management, each person at the front desk claimed not to be in charge and could do nothing to make our stay better.

They asked us to send an email to the owner - which we did. It has been 3 days now and still NO RESPONSE.

Overall we were very disappointed with our stay here and it ruined our last night in Lisbon.

Room Tip: Do not book your stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Dom Sancho is centrally located in Avenida do Liberdade within easy walking distance of Rossio Square and the restaurant district of Lisbon, and very near Avenida metro station. The room was small but comfortable, the breakfast good local fare and the staff friendly and helpful.
On the downside, it wasn't easy to see that the hotel reception was on the second floor of the building - upstairs from what appeared to be a medical centre. The lift worked fine, but quite a few stairs to climb to get to it. Despite this, I would recommend this as a reasonably priced stay in Lisbon, centrally located.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Odense, Fyn, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night after a meeting to catch the morning flight home the next day. The other reviews says it very well; the combination of location and price is hard to beat. It is a place for sleeping, not hanging out, but as such, you can't go wrong at this price level. Breakfast was good, although I ate in a haste.

Going to the airport was a breeze: the Metro station Avenida is less than 100 m from the hotel and it took exactly 30 minutes on a busy morning.

Just remember that the hotel is on the second floor! When I came in and saw the medical and other busy offices, I turned around, convinced I was in the wrong place, but I was not.

Dom Sancho is a very good place for spending one or a couple of comfortable nights at a very good location at a superbly competitive price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I Love this Hotel for so many reasons. I have stayed here a few times now,over the years. The rooms are spotless,the beds are basic but comfy and I have always been fortunate to have a room with a small verandah looking out over the Avenida.
The staff are so very helpful and friendly too which all adds to the positivness of the stay.
The Hotel is very close to the centre of Lisbon and the underground system is also three minute walk away from the Hotel. The Underground is clean,safe and efficient.

The Hotel would be even better in my opinion,if every room had a mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms have a mini bar but for tea or coffee you have to use a vending machine in the lobby. This time I was in a room on the top floor. The room was lovely and the view across the Avenida particularly at night was amazing. It can be noisey but ear plugs help if you are particularly bothered by noise. But if you stay in a Hotel in the centre of any large City,there is always an element of noise. Funnily enough most of the noise was from other Hotel users who seemed to forget that you dont have to shout into your mobile phone at 4 a.m.!!!! There is a lift and a very pleasant breakfast room with plenty of cold options to choose from plus tea and coffee and juice. As a lone traveller,I find it uncomfortable to enter the breakfast room as in the past it's always been couples who have sat there in silence and not offered help when I have tried to work out how to get hot water out of the urn. This year I asked for milk and sugar and a coffee cup to bring into my room and brought my own coffee and instant porridge (plus travel kettle) so that I could have breakfast and coffee in my room,lovely and the staff were really helpful in making sure I had what I needed so that I could do this.
I would always reccommend Dom Sancho as a really lovely, comfortable place to stay in Lisbon and I will definitely be staying there again and again.

Room Tip: If you want a great view and dont mind the noise of a lively City, then go for the rooms on the fron...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Located in a nice shopping area, this hotel is well-located for both the airport bus stop (in front of it) and the city centre.
The hotel is clean, with nice rooms and the staff is friendly and helpful. Good value for money!
I would stay again here if I'm back to Lisbon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Dom Sancho I? Share your experiences!