We stayed in the Dom Sancho for 3 nights in July 12'. Here's our thoughts (plusses and minuses) about the hotel. All in all would recommend it for a low budget stay with a great location.
+ Room was small but spacious enough for 2 adults. For some reason we had a 3rd bed in the room which we used as "table" for our luggage.
+ Great location to reach with subway or bus from the airport. Centre and restaurants (e.g. in the Bairro Alto area) easily reachable by foot.
+ We stayed in the 5th floor so we had no problem with street or breakfast room noise.
- Our room was next to the floor entrance door so we were bothered a bit by banging doors in the night.
+ Nice view from the small balcony facing the Avenida Liberdade.
+ Rooms are nicely renovated in the recent years.
+ Functional wifi!
+ Surprisingly good water pressure in the shower also on the top floor.
- Air conditioning didn't work :-(
- Breakfast was really simple but luckily a cheap one (5 euros per person). Someone should teach the cook how to boil eggs! :-)
- They don't have dedicated non-smoker rooms. If you are lucky you get a non-stinky room. We were lucky but our friends weren't.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Dom Sancho i Hotel Lisbon
- Residencial Dom Sancho i Lisbon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Dom Sancho I is located on the tree-lined Avenida Da Liberdade, close to Lisbon’s shopping and entertainment districts. It offers comfortable rooms with dark wood furnishings and wooden floors.Each room is equipped with air conditioning and a work desk. All rooms at the Dom Sancho are fitted with flat-screen TVs.A varied buffet breakfast is served each morning. Dom Sancho Hotel provides a 24-hour front desk and a car rental service. Laundry and ironing services are also available.The hotel is close to the historic Parque Eduardo VII, and is less than 20-minutes by car to Portela Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Hotel Dom Sancho I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.