“Great Time With Jose” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 261 Tours & Activities in Lisbon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ***BEST WAY TO EXPLORE LOCAL LISBON - THE LISBON ORIGINAL FREE WALKING TOURS WE ARE NOT OFFICIAL GUIDES,We are just a group of local friends who love to show you around and,tell you about the local funny stories,legends and myths,show the genuine culture.We also talk about our history and culture,but keep your mind open to listen the nonofficial stories, and we don't take you to the main touristic attractions.To keep it genuine and pure,we work on a tips-only bases,earning no commissions or any other support,working solely for what our travelers think we are worth.
Rouen, France
“Great Time With Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great walking tour; marked our maps for restaurants, important sights, and gave great general Lisbon advice. Jose, our guide was exceptional. Adding personal details only a true Lisbon native could, he gave us a great experience. I really enjoyed my time walking the very different neighborhoods of Lisbon and suggest this tour to everyone!

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After reading tons of good reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked in for this free walking tour while visiting Lisbon just over a week ago. Our guide Miguel was so funny and knowledgeable. The tour was quite off the beating track which is why I enjoyed so much as I'm never really into the touristy spots. Saying that, Miguel did cover some of the main attractions but we didn't waste too much time. The tour was about 3 hours and I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it hence would recommend it to anyone. The best part for me was Alfama. Oh and the famous Casa Bifana Miguel recommended was just amazing!!

New Shoreham, Rhode Island, United States
“such original energy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This tour was a great highlight of my visit to lisbon. a group of around 15 of us explored the city in an informal and unique way. We were lead by the energetic and frequently humorous Joseph. A native to Lisbon, he not only has passion for the city and it's history but a curiosity as strong as ours. I didn't realize how much we had walked untill after when i looked at the map! what an amazing way to start your trip. It will give you a really good foothold of the layout of center lisbon so that you can figure out what more you want to discover. I recomend it to anyone and everyone who isn't afraid of a little urban hike and who is looking to see lisbon from a local and refreshing viewpoint.

Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Incredible Tour of Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although our group only had a day to spend in Lisbon, the day was well spent on this extensive tour with our guide Rita. This tour was incredible--it had the perfect mix of history, beautiful views, and Rita's perspective on the city and its offerings. She gave us an insight into the pulse of the city, and gave us excellent suggestions for restaurants and activities that made our trip even better. I'd definitely recommend this tour! Rita is amazing!

Paris, France
“Lisbon free tour - A must-do in the City of 7 Hills.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My travelmate and myself already have had free tour experiences in other cities (Sofia, Budapest...) and we thought we could maybe renew the experience in Lisboa. We were so happy to find out that this kind of tour was offered in Lisboa. José was our guide and we have to say that he did a great job walking us aroud the city. He is a true Lisboner, who has so many local stories to tell about his city. If you don't want to waste your time and enjoy a true guided tour in Lisboa, just go for a Lisbon chill-out Free Walking Tour with José and his great sense of humour.