“Best chocolate cake ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 2,363 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: BarAlto restaurant has recently undergone a renovation and it is situated on Rua Diario de Noticias, number 31, in the heart of Bairro Alto. One year after the grand opening the owners, Alcino Nunes and Luis Lobo Alves continue wanting to satisfy their costumers, paying special attention to cleanliness, tradition and quality. The kitchen is of author had has the Chef Leonor Manita's signature dishes. BarAlto invites you to visit us, we are open daily from 19h to 02h, for your pleasure. We won't tell our secret recipes, but we invite you to come on in, sit down and discover our menu elaborated with the soul and tradition of Bairro Alto. Leonor Manita Chef, Chief Executive and consultant. Formed by Leith's School of Food and Wine in London, worked in several renowned restaurants: Vong, Sugar club and Nobu. She was also mentor to several projects in Portugal as the Hotel Bairro Alto, Deli Delux and Go Natural.
Sydney, Australia
“Best chocolate cake ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was amazing from the moment we got here we received great service, helpful and happy. It was a cosy little place to enjoy a birthday dinner with my husband in Portugal. We tried a number of entrees all very very delicious. On the advise of our waiter she explained to share a main and get an extra entree cause they are so amazing. We were not disappointed so glad we did this. The caprioskas were lovely and refreshing!
But the chocolate cake was a whole other level of amazing. This cake is the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten!! And I've eaten a lot of cake don't miss out on dessert here!

Visited October 2013

“Charming little place ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our meals here (yes we came back). The passionfruit mousse was the best dessert we'd both ever had. The waitress was really friendly and food was fantastic. Would go again next time we're in Lisbon.

Columbus
“I don't understand the Bad reviews at all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went not once but twice in the same week to this restaurant. We loved our first trip so much we immediately made reservations for the same week. The restaurant is small, but i am not sure how that effects the flavor of the food? if anything it makes it better. Literally the risotto here is amongst the best I have ever had. Yes, I've been to Italy. The flavor profiles are delicious the ingredients top notch. The price was not bad, the most expensive dish on the menu was 16.50 Euro. the next highest was 13.50. I don't know if people think of this as very expensive, but for the quality of food, I would pay that 7 days a week. The last comment I will make is that the restaurant has two chefs, we had both on separate visits and the food was equally amazing. If you go here and do not like it please let me know because it is one of my favorite European restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious and friendly ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We sat outside because the restaurant was full but we had a very delicious meal and a friendly staff.

Doha, Qatar
“Delicious traditional Portuguese food with a modern twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had a lovely experience at Baralto restaurant! This cosy and charming restaurant grabbed our attention while wandering around Bairro Alto. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We had a delicious sandria outside while we waited for a table. The three course meal was amazing - grilled prawns as a starter, pork slowly cooked to perfection as a main course and gorgeous rich dark chocolate cake for dessert. There was a pleasant athmosphere in the restaurant and the staff were restless in ensuring everything was ok. I definately recommend Restaurant Baralto!

• Visited October 2013