“Best way to get to know Lisbon” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 329 Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Try the most delicious tours in Lisbon, always with great portuguese food and wine tastings and a charismatic local guide. We offer memorable private tours and tailor-made experiences. Why choose Your Friend in Lisbon? * We are foodies. * Our guides speak fluent and clear english. * No boring tours. * Fun and knowledge combined in perfect amounts. * We have a sense of humor. * Time efficient itineraries. * We take you off the beaten track, where no cars can enter. * Each tour is unique and personal. * We are a small local company. * We are always here. We will offer advise and help before and after your tour.* Did we mention that we love good food and wines?
Sao Paulo, SP
“Best way to get to know Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did this pleasant tour in my first day at Lisbon and it was the perfect way to get to know the city. Alex has a deep knowledge of Lisbon’s history and culture. If I did the walk by myself, I certainly would never pay attention to so many interesting details she revealed to me.

Visited February 2013
Alex A, Proprietário at Your Friend in Lisbon, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi. I am very happy that you enjoyed our tour and loved to learn more about Brazil and some very interesting and fun stories. This makes this job special. Thank you.

NZ
5 attraction reviews
“A wonderful way to experience Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This small relatively new company, with a wonderful service philosophy, is one of the greatest finds I have had in over 40 years of travel. As age and mobility issues have caught up with me, my adventurous spirit and do it myself attitude has softened and the proprietors took all those problems into consideration, including changing the usual route to allow downhill rather than uphill walking.
Alex and Adrianna provided everything needed to ensure that the memories of Lisbon are positive and personal. The unique history of Portugal was imparted in such a fresh way that it wasn’t the boring repetitive information given by many and visits to historical and religious sites flew by, however the greatest gift they can give a visitor is their friendliness which creates such precious memories. In 10 years will I remember each individual church - unlikely – but I will still remember with a smile the Ginja served in a chocolate cup and their enjoyment as I savoured with delight the smell and taste.

Picking a highlight at the end of a number of individual days spent with YFIP was not easy. Was it the day in the Azeito region making cheese and later decorating our own tiles at an artisan workshop before disappearing into the depths of a wine cellar and celebrating our emergence with tastings of excellent wine? Or the day out with Dianna, who co hosts the photography days and who reminded me of which button is which on the camera and helped produce some superb photographic memories? Maybe it was the stop at Cascious (sp) and a surprise ride on the stunning carousel; then again the food from the recommended restaurants would be hard to beat in any part of the world. Tapas combined with wine tasting with the other Alex is another set of superb taste bud memories and his skill in slicing the special ham thin enough to see through has to be applauded. The detour from Fatima to eat at one of their favourite restaurants was another memorable and worthwhile experience but the best feeling of all was that I now really do have Friends in Lisbon.

Visited January 2013
Hi. We had the most wonderful time with you. Lots of laughs, great food and wine, beautiful views and amazing company, what more can we ask for? There are moments that we will remember forever. Thank you. It was a real pleasure to share this adventure with you. Alex and Adriana
Canada
6 attraction reviews
“A fabulous tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

In December, 2012, a friend and I took an historical walking tour complete with wine and tapas tasting. Our guide, Alexandra, was engaging, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. She tailored the tour to our timeframe and to our interests. Our host for the wine and tapas tasting was equally knowledgeable. I highly recommend Alexandra as a guide and this tour if you are interested in history, culture, and food and wine!

Visited December 2012
Alex A, Proprietário at Your Friend in Lisbon, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi.
I had such a great time with you. Loved talking with you and sharing information about Portugal and Canada. What a nice afternoon! Please let me know if you comeback to Lisbon.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Do you want the *PERFECT* experience? Your friend in Lisbon Won't Disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our Portugal in a Wine Glass tour was gifted to me and my wife for our honeymoon in Lisboa. We took the tour on the 2nd day of our stay and thank god we did. We are avid travelers who are usually savvy when it comes to public transportation, local customs etc., but we found navigating Lisbon to be challenging. We met us with Rita, our tour guide who was absolutely fantastic. She was not only very personable, but incredibly knowledgeable about all things Lisboa. Rita gave us a comprehensive tour of the city as well as an abundance of background and history of the city. She taught us how to navigate public transportation and pointed us in the direction of all the restaurants we researched beforehand. Our tour ended at BA Wine Bar do Bairro Alto, which boasted phenomenal food, impeccable service, a warm and friendly atmosphere and even better wine. Rita went above and beyond by hanging with us well beyond our allotted time and Alex even stopped by for a visit and to determine whether good times were had by all. I would not only HIGHLY recommend our Friend in Lisbon to all of my friends and family, but I would personally purchase a tour for them to ensure that their experience was as meaningful and fun as mine. Thank you Alex & Crew for an experience we will truly never forget.

Visited October 2012
Alex A, Owner at Your Friend in Lisbon, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi, Jen.
It was such a pleasure meeting you. I laughed hard with you and your wife. Loved your sense of humour and it was a terrific way of ending our afternoon: with new friends, great portuguese food and wines. Thank you.
Oregon
“The best part of our trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Amazing... Excellent... Superior... none of these adjectives could possibly describe this wonderful tour - they're just not good enough! We had an amazing trip, but this was truly the very best part of it. We were astounded at Alex's knowledge of history and her understanding of how it impacts modern Portugese society. We especially loved tasting Pasteis de Nata at the bakery in town. And, ending our tour with very generous and personalized wine tasting and the best charcuterie I've ever had in my life just capped everything off.

We wanted to take some of the wonderful, peppery chourizo with us - but we'd eaten the last of the restaurant's supply. Alex volunteered to try and get some to us. Even Alex couldn't push through the USDA prohibitions about such imports, but it wasn't for lack of trying. She even sent me a recipe for for Pasteis de Nata. It's a new Thanksgiving favorite for our family!

We can't wait to visit Portugal again; and I will be calling Alex for her expert assistance.

Visited November 2012
Alex A, Proprietário at Your Friend in Lisbon, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi.
Thank you so much for these kind words. I loved our experience together and its great to keep in touch with you. Pastéis de nata are just a thing out of this world. Spread the word! ;) Love from Lisbon