“Charming Tour!” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #61 of 261 Tours & Activities in Lisbon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: “My Lisbon Holidays" is a dynamic tourism agency with a new tourism strategy, as its name states, it’s a very personal experience, where customers feel a unique experience, always accompanied by us, making a simple holiday in an exciting discovery.My Lisbon Holidays is the opposite of mass tourism, where the customer chooses among suggestions how to spend the day without having a strict agenda, without strict schedules, giving the possibility of daily improvisation.It is a very original concept and meets the new market trends, where tourists are looking for being less tourists and more locals. That's our way, and customer’s fulfillment.
Singapore, Singapore
“Charming Tour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Joel met us at our guesthouse and we were pleasantly surprised that we will be driven around in a mini. (This makes the tour exceptionally charming!)
We took the one day "My Sintra Tour" but because we only had 2 of us, we could have lots of flexibility and customization, up to the point that we exceeded the hours (too many photo stops in Pena Palace!) but he was still very accomodating and nice, and wanted us to travel back to Lisbon via the coastal line - cascais/estoril even though that takes longer time. We couldn't ask for more. =)
Joel was always attentive; answered all our qns, advised on the best walking routes; reminded us to eat lunch as we intended to skip lunch as there were so much to see!
I will recommend this tour definitely.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Randolph, Vermont, United States
3 attraction reviews
“A whirlwind 3 days touring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We decided to hire a guide to see the important sites around Lisbon since we had never been to Portugal before. We had Joel all to ourselves for 3 days! He picked us up at the airport, took us to our apartment (which he was able to arrange for us), then we started on our sightseeing. We saw so much in that three days that we never would have had the time to see on our own, or go to the nice little restaurants that only the locals know about (ask him to go to the place with the ties). Definitely time and money well spent. He makes you feel very relaxed and comfortable, good driver too.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great tour of Lisbon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Joel drove us around and took us to all of the nice spots in Lisbon (must see touristy points, best views in town, cool neighborhoods, nice food...). We only had less than 48 hours in town and we got a chance to see a bit of everything. I would definitely recommend taking a day to take a tour with him.

Visited June 2013
“Made Our Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were in Cascais for a wedding, we were to be there 7 days, the first 4 days we were totally consumed with different parties and events surrounding the wedding, and the wedding itself. So monday I am sitting in the Hotel Room (Pousada De Cascais) and I realized we would only have 2 days to see all of the sights in Portugal. We had considered taking the train to all of the different sights( what a HUGE mistake that would have been!) but fortunately on the bride and grooms website there was a recommendation for tours with Joel at mylibsonholidays.com, fearing the worst I emailed Joel and he got back to me immediately and we firmed up an itinerary for the next two days.

There were just two of us so Joel picked us up in a very impressive brand new white mini-cooper countryman , don't be fooled by the size, this car is plush, comfortable and roomy.

The itinerary that Joel had come up with was fantastic, we hit every spot in and around Lisbon that we could have imagined.Rather than repeat the reviews of the sights, suffice to say I concur with all of the reviews about all of the sights, with Joel being very through and his love of the city and countryside and beaches.

Now the one thing that I would have liked to have changed, is to have met Joel at the beginning of the trip, to be able to know the restaurants, shopping areas, ahead of making
several mistakes on our own, would have been great. His knowledge of the city, countryside and beaches along withe the restaurants cafes and pastry shops, made our whole trip worthwhile.

My wife and I were so happy with Joel and the tour we just can"t say enough great things about him. We highly recommend his services, and do yourself a favor , take his recommendations.

We have truly made a friend in Joel!

Visited July 2013
Burlington
“Like touring with a friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I had three great days of touring with Joel. He showed us Lisbon and the surrounding countryside. I never knew Portugal was so beautiful. Touring with Joel was like having a friend show you around. The passion and love he has for his city and country comes through in his tours. I highly recommend My Lisbon Holidays to enjoy Lisbon and Portugal at it's finest.

Visited May 2013