“AWESOME Surf School” 5 of 5 stars

+351 962 769 236
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Epic is mobile surf school in Lisbon,Portugal, based in the city center, aimed at surfers of all levels. From beginners to advanced, we know all surfers appreciate a close relationship with nature and value the adventure of discovering a wide range of surf spots, away from the overcrowded beaches. Epic Surf School provides daily departures from Lisbon's city center (with front door accommodation pick up option) exploring many of the hidden treasures along the Portuguese coastline. Besides transportation within a range of 80km (whenever a better and suitable surf spot is required), we provide full equipment, sport insurance and qualified local surf instructors fluent in english. Come and explore our Epic Surf Spots! We drive you to Epic Surfing Moments!Certifications:School and coaches certified by the Portuguese Surfing Federation; Certification by the Portuguese Tourism Institute;European First Aid Certification (Portuguese Red Cross); Sports Insurances.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
“AWESOME Surf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had 5 days surfing with Rui and I am so glad that I did choose Epic Surf School. It wasn't my first time surfing and not my first surf lesson. But this was for sure the best surf experience I ever had. I still cant believe how much I learned in these few days. I actually also wanted to do some more sightseeing in Lisbon but I ended up surfing every single minute possible. Thanks to Rui he even manged to pick me up really early on my departure day that I could spend some more time surfing before I had to be at the airport.

If you want to have a life time experience while in Lisbon go surfing with Epic Surf school. Rui makes everything that you have a great time. You can choose between private lessons or group lessons. The group is not bigger than 6 people - which I think is really important because this is not everywhere like this. Beside that enjoy some great portuguese food on the beach.

Visited April 2013

“Quite an Epic Surf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am studying in Lisbon and have been here since the end of January. I wish I looked into surf lessons sooner because, by now, I could be a pro, especially with Rui as my instructor. Okay, not exactly a pro, but it was my first time surfing, and I had an amazing time. Rui knows exactly what he is doing and how to teach it. I would recommend surfing while in Lisbon or Portugal, and I would highly highly recommend Rui as your instructor. I want to take another lesson as soon as possible!

Visited April 2013
Geilenkirchen Germany
4 attraction reviews
“An epic day from an epic dude! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended! I saw the school on trip advisor and wanted to do something different while in Lisboa so I gave Rui a call. I was not disappointed! He was extremely professional, friendly, and fun! We even chilled at the beach and had lunch together. I not only had this great experience, for a good price, I feel I have a friend for life.

Montreal, Canada
“Must do in Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Never having surfed before, and having no plans for my last day in Lisbon, I decided to give a call to Rui to see if he was available. It turned out that he was, and good thing. My first surfing experience has to be one of the best things I did on my trip across Europe. He is very knowledgeable and patient, and with my first lesson was able to stand up and ride a couple waves. We even went to have lunch after. Rui is a very friendly person, and I would recommend his surf school to everybody. A must do.
Thanks!

Visited February 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great surfing from your doorstep!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was great - I was staying in Lisbon and only realized a surf day would be possible when I saw a link to Epic Surf School at the hostel's website (Shiado hostel Lisboa, which is also great by the way) and saw that it included transport right to the beach from Lisbon. It was February & apparently the coldest week of the year in Portugal, but still beautiful at the beach - the sun was out & 15C water was totally fine with a wetsuit. I was the only one that day, which meant I got a private lesson with Rui, which costs more than with a group but TOTALLY worth it! I've had a few lessons before but he's definitely the best that I've had, a very conscientious, considerate and friendly instructor. It's obvious how much he enjoys the sport, and also obvious that he wants to make sure all his students enjoy it as much as he does. I wish I'd learned from him from the beginning! He's a great instructor for a more advanced level as well.
I highly recommend spending a day or half day with him, whether you've never surfed before or you're an expert - I guarantee you'll be glad you did.

Visited February 2013
Epic S, Owner at Epic Surf School, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our passion and commitment sharing the art of surfing becomes even greater knowing we were able to provide another good experience in the waves. Next time, be very welcome to join us discovering the secret surf spots and the delightful gastronomy, on our summer´s full day trip along the portuguese west coast!
Aloha