“Exellent & friendly service and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Duas Nacoes
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Da Vitoria 41, Lisbon 1100-618, Portugal (Baixa)   |
Ranked #185 of 217 Hotels in Lisbon
Finland
“Exellent & friendly service and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The quality of the room was as informed (2 stars) but the location was very good and the service was excellent. All the members of the staff - nice cleaning ladies, flexible kitchen workers, and great receptionists - really helped me, when I was travelling with my autistic adult daughter. I got also extra services when needed.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony gives a nice view if you do not suffer from noise of all kinds of street perform...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was small but clean and comfortable. My colleague had problems: the hotel overbooked and he had to spend his first night in the old attic room. After that, he was moved to the proper room.
The service was okay, there were few girls in the reception – some of them nice some of them less carrying.

The breakfast is very poor but if you love Lisbon you will be happy to the hotel’s location. It’s in the middle of Rua de Prata.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

This is definitely only a 2 star hotel. The location is great, it’s just a block away from Metro station Baxia Chiado station and located on the street with the Arc in the bottom so it’s very easy to know when you are on the right street. However, the street in front of the hotel is very busy, it wasn’t quiet until 5ish in the morning. To get a good night sleep ask for a room which is not facing the street. I was also disturbed by the people and noise in the hallway which was very easily heard.

I had booked a double room but was very happy I was alone it in, as it would almost have been impossible to be two. The bed was probably 120-140cm, only room for one bag. The bathroom was tiny, no place to hang any towels. Bathroom wasn’t cleaned that well. Some rooms have wooden floor some are carpeted. My room had a small balcony which was shared with the other rooms on the same floor, which made it feel not very secure, you couldn’t have the balcony door open as anyone could walk in from the other rooms. I had air conditioning in my room but my friend had not but had paid more for the room.

Breakfast was meagre, bread, cheese and jam no ham or other toppings. Some cereal and yoghurt. No hot options.

Be aware of the elevator door, it must be opened within the second it stops otherwise it will go to next stop instantly.

The closest supermarket we found was quite a few blocks away.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

This hotel is very well located in downtown Lisbon, close to restaurants, metro and Praca do Comercio served by a lot of public transportation. But the hotel it self is not good. They published photos on the internet (booking) showing only a small renovated part of the hotel, but they book all the rooms the same way, including the not renovated and very old rooms. When we got there, I immediately complained but there were no new rooms available and I had to wait. Noisy rooms, weird bathroom, TV didn't work at all, poor breakfast. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and helped with some of the problems. But in overall I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room (and make sure)!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Day one in Lisbon and off we went to see the city. Upon return to this mediocre hotel we found all of our cash missing from the room. We reported this to the police who were very professional. The hotel manager, on the other hand, insisted that we "must be mistaken" and implied that we were not truthful. Not one word of apology. She made us feel as if we were in the wrong somehow because her staff was so "honest." So much for the customer coming first.
The bathroom down the hall was never cleaned. I know this because the same cruddy used bar of soap never moved for three days on the tub. Generally filthy. If you stay in this dump hold on to your cash. And don't expect any real service. What a nightmare of how not to enjoy a hotel.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if possible.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Francescosanti, Gerente at Hotel Duas Nacoes, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
This is a complete lie, we can not accept such an huge lie from a client, we are not here to take anyones money.
That is why , even the police to the client that it would be impossible for something to happen if the client would use the safe box if it would be in the hotel.
We never had such a claim in our hotel life, we can not accept lies that can affect our credibility.
We hope that TRIPADVISOR before publish such an huge lie , can investigate clients reviews.
The hotel advises the clients to be careful and not to show off.
Thanks in advance.
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Yes there is a little noise and yes the corridors are a little tight but the hotel is centrally located for attractions , restaurants and transportation. My husband and I were there in August with two other couples so I was able to view 3 rooms. They were all a comfortable size. The rooms were clean , the hotel is clean. I would return and I would recommend it to my traveling friends who have to keep a tight budget.

Room Tip: Ask for air conditioned room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

Our room was old part of hotel.but why so much different new and old.
In the room carpet had very old and some parts are broken and stink.
And so small bath room 's door hadle was just a lucky to hanging.also inside somebody's left tooth brush and paste and dirty hair brush were. Room was no airconditioning and open the door for balcony.but outside was noisy. We were very Dissapointed at hotel. I think not really hotel can say hostel.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Duas Nacoes? Share your experiences!