This hotel is located right in the thick of things, downtown in the Rossio-Baixa area and walking distance from the Praca do Comercio and Chiado. We could stand on our tiny balcony and look straight down the pedestrian street, past the arch and to the ocean. We stayed on the Zen Floor (302) so the decor was calming. The room is well equipped with good Wifi, Nespresso machine, fridge, flat screen, a good shower and a decent bed (albeit a pair of twins). The one area that could use a boost is the linens. The comforter and pillows are both foam-like and I prefer something squishy but everything else was super nice. The hotel itself is an experience. Its fun. It's artsy in a mod way. Its "happy" and that's a tall, cool glass of water in what can be stuffy, old, dry Europe. It's very friendly and very good value. The breakfast which was included in our rate was excellent, best breakfast selection on the trip. We ate there (Bastardo) for dinner once as well and it was surprisingly good. One word of warning: pack light, you're surrounded by shoe stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design