“Ah - Mazing~! Book Early - this is a popular spot.” 5 of 5 stars

Internacional Design Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Betesga 3 | Rossio, Lisbon 1100-090, Portugal   |
Ranked #15 of 216 Hotels in Lisbon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ah - Mazing~! Book Early - this is a popular spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

There is no better location in Lisbon. Period. Everything is walking distance and the neighborhood is lively and happy.

This is a quirky very cool place. So many things to look at just inside your hotel. The owners apparently were fascinated by Alice in Wonderland and it shows. I'll leave it at that.

I did do a little exploring, visiting the other themed floors of the hotel. We were on the tribal floor and I think I might have liked the pop music floor but we had a great indoor 4 story faux garden complete with birds singing. (I did not see any actual birds). We did have one of the smallest rooms - i think they call them cocoons... It was not horribly small by European standards but if you are one that likes your space, opt for a larger type.

The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. I accidentally ripped my hop on hop off ticket in half and the receptionist staff insisted on finding tape, repairing it and even walking me halfway to the bus stop (which is directly across the square). When we checked out, a different receptionist called our cab, took our luggage to the taxi, and instructed the driver where to take us and how much to charge us. Above and beyond for sure.

Their breakfast is also good - not spectacular but certainly substantial.

Finally - BOOK EARLY. While we were there a few people walked in and tried to get rooms. They were told the hotel had been booked up since June (we were there in Sept).

Room Tip: If size matters - don't choose the smallest option.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the Internacional Design Hotel for 3 nights. Such a perfect location. You reach the best restaurants and bars within walking distance. The Sightseeing Buses are just few foot steps away. The staff couldn't have been nicer and helpful. Wonderful breakfast buffet. Overall, phantastic experience, and everywhere great welcome.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Plaça Dom Pedro IV
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to express the entire staff’s appreciation of your fantastic review about our hotel. We are always willing to help you and to give you the best recommendations to ensure you have the best possible stay in Lisbon.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again to our beautiful city.

Just let us know when you are coming back, so we can help you to once again have a memorable stay with us.

Best regards,

Diogo Heleno
Warren, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent the last leg of our honey moon in this hotel. Location was perfect and the hotel staff helped when ever requested. When I handed my passport over they were shocked that I had Portuguese last name, so much so that they sent up some little snacks and a bottle of wine at no charge! very friendly staff!

Room Tip: Book Direct with!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on february/2013. The location is great (near many attractions with easy access to transportation) and comfortable accommodations. What surprised us was the service. The staff were very attentive. Expressed an attention to detail: On Valentine's Day, the breakfast was themed and each table was decorated with a red rose. Great hotel to stay in Lisbon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I was on Holidays with one of friend to visit Lisboa some days the first week of september We were looking for a good hotel -tripadvisor gave such good comments about thi hotel-to continue our journey.In the hotel we were we booked just 2 nights.we tried to ask at the reception desk for a double room for 4 nights.unfortunely for that period the Hotel was at complete but my friend and and I we have been so positively impressed about the man, Riccardo at the reception desk.He has been so kind and available to our question and giving us good information to pass the rest of time inLisboa that the next time we will book in time to get a room in this very confortable Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Having been in 130 countries in 100's of hotels, this one is Outstanding for these reasons:
1. The staff is fabulous totally willing to help in any matter. Alex, the owner, personally came with me to help me drop my rental car. Manager Sara has a great team in all departments to assist you.
2. Location is perfect-just where all the action is. As a base to go out from to experience the wonderful area, we found our time well preservedd by being in the center of everything.
3. The breakfast offering is good. The staff is very efficient.
4. The room we had was fine.
5. The price was very competitive.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Owner at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Sir

On Behalf of the entire team,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such a kind words. it is the best advertising we can have - Word of mouth.

I personally feel very proud about our staff. They are committed to provide the best service and experience both inside and outside the Hotel.

Please let me know about any future visit to our beautiful city, so I can assist you once again and provide you with a very pleasurable stay. This offer can be extended to your family and/or friends.

Warm regards,

Alexandre Martins
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last week for 3 nights. I had a tribe theme room, which was very nice. Had a nice view to both plazas. Breakfast was very good. Helpful and friendly staff! Location was the best! Will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I_Design_Hotel, General Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all our staff I would like to thank you for the time you took to review our hotel.

Our breakfast is indeed a nice way to start your day of sightseeing and our location is perfect for the proximity and easy access to all the city’s main features.

We are eagerly waiting for your return, contact us if you need any assistance in preparing your trip.
Best regards,

Sara Freire

Been to Internacional Design Hotel? Share your experiences!