There is no better location in Lisbon. Period. Everything is walking distance and the neighborhood is lively and happy.
This is a quirky very cool place. So many things to look at just inside your hotel. The owners apparently were fascinated by Alice in Wonderland and it shows. I'll leave it at that.
I did do a little exploring, visiting the other themed floors of the hotel. We were on the tribal floor and I think I might have liked the pop music floor but we had a great indoor 4 story faux garden complete with birds singing. (I did not see any actual birds). We did have one of the smallest rooms - i think they call them cocoons... It was not horribly small by European standards but if you are one that likes your space, opt for a larger type.
The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. I accidentally ripped my hop on hop off ticket in half and the receptionist staff insisted on finding tape, repairing it and even walking me halfway to the bus stop (which is directly across the square). When we checked out, a different receptionist called our cab, took our luggage to the taxi, and instructed the driver where to take us and how much to charge us. Above and beyond for sure.
Their breakfast is also good - not spectacular but certainly substantial.
Finally - BOOK EARLY. While we were there a few people walked in and tried to get rooms. They were told the hotel had been booked up since June (we were there in Sept).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design